Bill Robertson. I'm the old one on the right. Those are my boys, Jack & Joe. I love 'em more than they can count.

Gracie and Me: Covid-19 #8



          The Covid-19 chaos is really messing with my head. I blame the unprecedented, completely unusual and unexpected notifications bombarding us almost 24/7. Still, there is some completely routine stuff out there that, if we stop long enough, proves itself practically perfect in every way.
The Unexpected/Snyder TX

     I'm going to blame the media for my recent, couple of mental lapses. I've become so caught up in the daily briefings and ceaseless bad news that I feel I've lost my touch with reality. Just last night, I woke up around 4:30am wondering... Is it early Sunday morning or early Monday morning? Then just hours ago, Teresa and I drove past Marianne's house. Marianne's out of town visiting grandkids. A friend does the driving. So, she leaves her car at home. But, here's what happened.

   
     Me: "Where's mom's car?"
     Teresa: "What?! I ah.... Oh yeah, it's at the shop. We gotta go get it."
     Me: "I completely spaced on that."
     Teresa: "Let's get it tomorrow."
     Me: "Geez, I'm losing my marbles."

     We took the car in for an oil change and to fix a broken rear tail-light. I knew M would be gone for a bit. So, I told 'em at the shop… "I'll come back for it later." Later was about six days ago.
Lone Oak/South of Snyder, TX

     There is relief from the bad and sad and maybe it's just outside your front door. T & I found a couple pretty good examples just while taking a Sunday drive today.
     First, look at this solitary, big oak tree in our land of mesquites. It's almost perfectly round. I've driven by it many times and always slowed to appreciate it. It's kind of crazy how today on a cloudy, gloomy day, just like our times, that this big tree that still rises above all else in a pasture of winter wheat. I suspect most folks in our area know where it is, but if you don't... Head south from Snyder on Round Top Road, go past the Calley place on the east side, keep going past Round Top Acres on the west, past the Hickman place on the west until you almost get to FM 1606. The big tree's on the west side of the road, by itself and rising above a green pasture.
Snyder Texas

     Next, we came back through town and just began driving the neighborhoods when we spotted this PRAY sign.
     This used to be the Hatfield house. I'm not sure who lives here now, but their sign caught our eye. We were headed the other direction, but whipped around to take this picture. We noticed other neighbors had Christmas lights ready and waiting for darkness to show their family's signs of hope.

     Snyder's a small(ish) community bound by folks who  know each other. I don't mean we know each other in the sense that we recognize someone.
Snyder Sharing and Caring FB page
     I mean that not only do we know each other, but also we know their family tree. Subsequently, we care about each other.
     Please join the Snyder Caring and Sharing Facebook page. Simply put, if something's available, wait and watch.

Diet update: We cheated on our diet this weekend and immediately saw the consequences. But, it was worth it!

Gracie update: We changed her food and SHE LOVES IT. Gotta wonder what's in it.

Bill Robertson, We're switching back and forth between a golf rerun and a Triple-D rerun. It's a whole lot easier to watch golf.


   

   

   

   
   

1 comment:

  1. Try the Hallmark channels if possible. Both always have positive endings. When combined with a good sermon and music broadcast this morning from church, maybe sometime tomorrow there will even be sunshine and things will look sustainable despite adversity.

    ReplyDelete

Uncooperative Cows & English Bluebells

      I was going to title this blog STUPID COWS, but I think I got outsmarted and surprised by a batch of black and red bovines.  Uncoopera...