Bill Robertson. I'm the old one on the right. Those are my boys, Jack & Joe. I love 'em more than they can count.

Beach Blog #14

 
Sunset @ Seacrest Beach, FL
      The past 24 hours have included everything from a scary bike fall to a quiet afternoon with the classics to a visit with a successful surfcaster at sunset.
     Teresa, no worse for wear in this picture at sunset, took a nasty tumble on her bike. We were returning from breakfast. We decided to take that walking trial we like through the homes of Rosemary Beach. Well, it's definitely meant for walking and not biking, at least not biking by two folks in their 50s.
     One of the 90 degree turns led straight into a steep upward boardwalk. Teresa didn't have the speed to complete the hill and toppled over backwards.
     I heard something unusual behind me. By the time I turned, T was going down and straight into the path of a electrical box. In what appeared slow motion, the back right of her head, just behind and above her ear landed a glancing blow on the box.
     It was definitely one of those "could have been much worse" scenarios. Teresa recovered after a only a few minutes and we were back on the bikes in search of Advil.
     We weren't down and out long. By mid-afternoon, we mounted up again on our big tired bikes determined to get some exercise, a little sun and investigate the area shops. We accomplished all three goals. Our last stop turned out to be the tiny bookstore called The Hidden Lantern tucked away behind a few other more heavily visited restaurants and coffee houses.
The Hidden Lantern, Rosemary Beach FL
     The little store had the usual assortment of books on sale and knick-knack gifts to get me through the door.
     But once inside, it was relaxation paradise. I am NOT a big reader. I never have been. But in this case, I/we couldn't resists the shelves of books of every category. The icing on the cake was the reading/relaxing area tucked in the back.
     Teresa got "The Daniel Prayer" by Anne Graham Lotz. I chose "The Plover" by Brian Doyle. I'm pretty sure T will read her book. I suspect mine will go back on a shelf but this time far away from the relaxation room only yards from the gulf of Mexico.

      Our day wrapped up with a sunset walk on the beach. That's where met the successful surfcaster from Syracuse. We didn't talk long. We didn't even get his name. But, you don't get to see this everyday.
     Bill Robertson, thinking about another bike ride.

2 comments:

  1. Hear the surf...smell the saltwater...feel the sand between your toes...all elements of a successful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photo, the Hidden Lantern and that Teresa's okay.

    ReplyDelete

Uncooperative Cows & English Bluebells

      I was going to title this blog STUPID COWS, but I think I got outsmarted and surprised by a batch of black and red bovines.  Uncoopera...