Bill Robertson. I'm the old one on the right. Those are my boys, Jack & Joe. I love 'em more than they can count.

Beach Blog #13

   
Origins GC, Watersound Beach FL
       I just got back from a great, but unusual round of golf. I played The Origins Course at Watersound Beach, designed Davis Love III.
     The course is either a 10-hole Par Three course called the DL-III course or The Heritage course which is a six hole, normal length course. Davis Love's motto is: "Create a course his mother would like to play." The concept is something I've never seen nor heard about.
     Apparently the idea stems from the PGA's mission to shorten the time it takes to play golf as so many people these days just can't give up two to four hours any day for fun.
Boardwalk over Wetlands @ Origins GC
     I'll admit I was more than a little reluctant to play here, but walked away completely satisfied. One hole included a pot bunker in the middle of the green. And yep, that's exactly where my Tee shot landed, but not in the middle. Look closely, that's my Nike Mojo against the back edge. I made it out but had a 50-footer for par. I made the two footer for double bogey.
Mid-Green Pot Bunker
     The old saying is: A bad day at golf is always better than any day at work.
     Gotta say, I agree despite three lost balls, the nasty bunker lie and a very high score. FORE!
     Teresa and I wrapped our day/evening like we have most everyday here along 30A, meeting and greeting. We haven't met a stranger yet. The latest duo is from Kansas City, but his brother in law's mother lives in Snyder. He couldn't remember her name except that her last name is Crouse.
Big Toe Caper-Solved!
     And you'll be excited to know that we solved the 'big toe' caper that I wrote about in a previous blog. I posted earlier that either a young woman or a very hairy older man left this footprint on the beach.  We confirmed, the toe belongs to the woman. The evidence is sealed but we have eyewitness documentation.... don't ask how.
   
Bill Robertson, going for a bike ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncooperative Cows & English Bluebells

      I was going to title this blog STUPID COWS, but I think I got outsmarted and surprised by a batch of black and red bovines.  Uncoopera...