Bill Robertson. I'm the old one on the right. Those are my boys, Jack & Joe. I love 'em more than they can count.

Beach Blog #20

     I didn't post a blog yesterday I think because nothing 'hit me' during my usual writing window. In fact, nothing really 'hit me' all day long. It wasn't until a walk on the beach at sunset with so many others of all sizes on the sand that I had that 'moment.' That's when it dawned on me what a treat and experience our month along water's edge has been.
Sunset at Seacrest Beach Fl.
     The beach was busier this evening than nights past, but busier in a different kind of way. Each evening, we've talked, waved or nodded to dozens of older folks. But this evening, the sand was full of families and all the laughting, squeeling and visiting that comes with vacation.
      There were big family groups, mothers and daughters huddled on their beach chairs and children... lots of children.
      There's no question the seniors we'd seen walking in the sand on previous evenings were making memories, but for all these families, this could be their very first vacation memory. For me, that first memory is the best memory... the one that lasts the longest.
      As we walked and talked, Teresa and I wondered about the big family gathering. Where were they from? Did they come together or meet here? How long would they get to stay?
Talking & Enjoying
      For the mother and daughter on their chairs, we wondered what they were talking about all the way staring at the horizon and setting sun. And for all the little ones, we applauded their moms for relaxing enough to bring a baby in diapers to this giant sand box and bear all the grit that's bound to end up their vacation home.
Sandy Fanny
      I hope for all of them their time here is long enough that they can shake off their routines to create those first memories that last and last.
      For myself, that 'aha' moment for me came as I was thinking about all these families had to talk about for years to come. That's when I realized Teresa and I too were making first memories. Of course, we have years of past experiences, but none like this for the two of us together at the same place at the same time.
Seacrest Beach, Fl.

     To say, our time at the beach has been wonderful is a tremendous understatement. We don't take our blessing lightly. But just like the many younger families, we too can rest assured our first memories of life at the beach will last a very long time.

Bill Robertson, just the Seaside Farmers Market with amazing shrimp dip, a fresh baguette and a giant slice of carrot cake.
   
   
     
     

2 comments:

  1. Laughter, the funny feeling of sand under your feet, the cries of birds riding the air, time to really communicate with loved ones, the affirmation of never-ending waves and, best of all, peace and contentment. B.

    ReplyDelete

Uncooperative Cows & English Bluebells

      I was going to title this blog STUPID COWS, but I think I got outsmarted and surprised by a batch of black and red bovines.  Uncoopera...