Bill Robertson. I'm the old one on the right. Those are my boys, Jack & Joe. I love 'em more than they can count.

Beach Blog #21

      We're in the final, many hours of our Florida fun. Originally for this post, I'd written something about 'all good things come to an end." But once I got to thinking about it, waxing poetic really isn't my style. So instead, Beach Blog #21 is about the odd ball stuff you run out of when you take a month long vacation.
Inlet Beach, FL
      Number one has to be toilet paper! Geez, we use a lot of T-P. We use enough toilet paper and paper towels that I can tell you both on are aisle 10, with other cleaning supplies, at the Inlet Beach Publix grocery store. The T-P's in front. The P-T's in the back.
      Next, toothpaste. I suppose this is a good thing to be using a lot. We brought with us a brand new tube of regulation sized Crest and had to buy more last week. This picture is from the Publix in Watersound Beach. The toothpaste is on aisle three. There were so many selections and bargains that I had to take a picture.
Watersound Beach, FL

     After that and in no particular order; Coffee, coffee cups, dishwashing liquid, munchies, Advil and I can't forget TIDE.
     Teresa is and always has been a champion when it comes to laundry. In our time together, I've never been without clean clothes from my non-mentionables to T-shirts, shorts etc and here at High Pointe 15E in Seacrest Beach it's no different.
      What strikes me is, here we are on this fantastic getaway and some things in regular life just don't budge. Of course there are the things you gotta do like eat, drink and be merry. But on vacation at the beach, those 'gotta do' things usually involve places like "The Backporch," "The Shrimp Shack," or "The Wild Olive." So while they're regular kind of things, the place where they happen is NOT a regular kind of place.
      But for all the other stuff, the TIDE, Advil, T-P, P-T and toothpaste, there's nothing special about them even when you're at some place special. I'm pretty sure the TIDE we bought here is the same as the TIDE we brought with us from home. Although, the laundry detergent offered on aisle 10 here included a much smaller version of TIDE. I didn't get it knowing that Teresa likes to do laundry. If I bought the smaller bottle of TIDE, I'd just be back their tomorrow buying another bottle of TIDE.
      Teresa and I call the everyday stuff 'the essentials.' Back home, I do most the shopping. I always ask before going into the store... "Any essentials, today?" "Yep, we need T-P and coffee." Turns out here, more than 1,000 miles from our grocery store at home, we have exactly the same conversation. In fact, we just ran out of Advil.

Bill Robertson, the Advil's on a shelf just to the right of the pharmacy window, but near aisle 10... just in case.

1 comment:

  1. Gollee..
    You make the essentials essentially interesting. Thanks for the ride.

    ReplyDelete

Uncooperative Cows & English Bluebells

      I was going to title this blog STUPID COWS, but I think I got outsmarted and surprised by a batch of black and red bovines.  Uncoopera...