Bill Robertson. I'm the old one on the right. Those are my boys, Jack & Joe. I love 'em more than they can count.

Beach Blog #23

     Well, we made it back to Texas. We got home in time for the ABC Nightly News with David Muir. We're not so old we record the nightly news. We record CBS Sunday Morning, even though we're up in plenty of time.
     All told, we drove 2,665.8 miles on our month long adventure to Florida. Big Red, our 2012 Chevy Silverado with 112,500 miles to start the trip, handled the road like a champ with only one little hiccup. Apparently, we bought some bad gas in Mississippi. But once we found us some good Exxon, Red was running good.... check engine light free.
      I've heard a lot of people say when they return from a trip or vacation that 'they're glad to be home' or back on Texas soil or sleeping in their own bed.' To that, I say.... Bull. How can that be? Really?
      So to not offend anyone, I'll speak only for myself. I just left the beach, ate seafood almost everyday, walked in the sand, rode a big-ugly bike, laughed and had so much fun with Teresa. Now, not so much. Teresa thank goodness is still near me laughing and supporting and loving... but all the rest of those things that we planned for, paid for and drove almost 3,000 miles for are a great and wonderful memory.
     So if you were to ask me, am I glad to be home? The short answer is not no, but HECK NO. We just left perfection to return to reality. Don't get me wrong. There's nothing wrong with our reality. But to say I'm glad I'm home and back in reality versus the beach, the sand, the food, the bikes, the sun, the flip flops, etc is almost like asking me if I'd rather go to the dentist or go see a good movie.
     I will tell you this though... There's no way in the world I'm going to whine or complain about my lot in life. Absolutely, no poor-pitiful Bill. Teresa and I are both wonderfully blessed. All I'm saying is, I don't get folks who say they're happy or ready to be home when they just left places that so many call 'paradise.'
     Simply, reality is what we have to do so we can do what we want to do. I'm very thankful that T & I have a 'have to' so we can experience a 'want to.' I wish the same for you.

Bill Robertson, about to shop-vac up some bugs.... what a difference 48 yrs makes. All good.
   
   

1 comment:

  1. Great perspective, Kiddo. May you all have another great vacation "down the road".

    ReplyDelete

Uncooperative Cows & English Bluebells

      I was going to title this blog STUPID COWS, but I think I got outsmarted and surprised by a batch of black and red bovines.  Uncoopera...