Bill Robertson. I'm the old one on the right. Those are my boys, Jack & Joe. I love 'em more than they can count.

The Wedding(s) Blog #1 (Getting Ducks in a Row)

       Wedding season is in full swing and this year, Teresa and I are in full "I Do" mode. No, we're not renewing our vows. We're traveling approximately 2,200 miles for weddings in Baton Rouge, Louisiana and Nashville, Tennessee.
Jack and Allison
         The answer(s) to the obvious question(s) is/are: My nephew Zachary Richmond is marrying Nadia Kelley in Baton Rouge June 10th. Then, my son, Jack is marrying Allison Grant June 23rd in Nashville.
Nadia and Zach
        We thought there's no point driving all the way to Baton Rouge, driving back to Snyder and then driving all the way to Nashville and then back to Snyder. So, we're making a wedding(s) road trip. We'll be in one vehicle. My younger sister, Julia, and my mom, Marianne, will be in another vehicle. The jury's still out whether this road trip is a good idea. I'll keep you posted along the way.

     Right now, we're near the end of the 'getting our ducks in a row' phase of taking such a long road trip. There is light at the end of the tunnel, but no doubt about it.... it's been a tunnel.
     It's not like we just found out about these back to back weddings, separated by 589 miles (B-R to N'ville. The longest drive is from Snyder to just about anywhere.) We've known since this time last year. But as the weeks and days before leaving decreased, the 'what in the world' factor exponentially increased.

     We have our outfits, our new shoes, our bills paid and arrangements made to take care of things while are on the road. But getting to this point, cost a friggin' fortune!! I'm NOT complaining. I'm just addressing the Elephant in the Living Room. That's all I'm going to say on that subject.

     We had to do a lot of out of town shopping. Sorry Snyder, but that's the curse of a small town. I probably shouldn't list our itinerary for security reasons. But thankfully, we live in Snyder. That's the blessing of a small town. 

      We blast off 'caravan style' for a two day drive to Baton Rouge, the city where my brother, sisters and I grew up. Only my older sister, Laura, stayed in the area to raise her family. Now, it's her oldest getting married. 
     The service will be at White Oak Plantation, between B-R and New Orleans but closer to Baton Rouge. I think we're all hoping for an inside event considering south Louisiana between February and December is usually like a sauna set on 'miserable.'
     
     From Baton Rouge, we're on the road to Nashville. Julia and mom have a slight detour planned while Teresa and I hope to be in Music City in time to help with any last minute errands leading up to the big day.
      This service will be at Allison's home church followed by a reception in downtown Nashville.  I'm told the reception includes a mashed potato bar. By this point, I hope a real bar is pretty close.

      Stay tuned. 

Bill Robertson, Father and Uncle of the groom(s).
                                       



     
     

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncooperative Cows & English Bluebells

      I was going to title this blog STUPID COWS, but I think I got outsmarted and surprised by a batch of black and red bovines.  Uncoopera...