Bill Robertson. I'm the old one on the right. Those are my boys, Jack & Joe. I love 'em more than they can count.

Wedding(s) Blog #10 (Budgets, Biscuits, Bass Pro & Grocery Store Radio)

     We're just days from our second and last wedding on our great 2018 Wedding(s) Road Trip. So without a doubt we're trying to fit in as many visits, moments and out of town experiences as possible. We covered a lot of territory in the last 24-hours.
Jack & Allison/Loveless Café

     In no particular order, here are some of the things we've done, said or discovered.

     Today started with an early morning breakfast with Jack and Allison at Nashville's iconic eatery, The Loveless Café. The last time I was here was about 15 years ago for Jack's birthday.
      Back then he was a Corvette nut. So, I'd arranged for a co-worker, who owned a Corvette, to surprise us at Loveless with his convertible car. The bottom line is, Jack and I took a mildy, high speed drive up and down the historic Natchez Trace in Tommy Terry's Corvette.
     This time, Allison, Jack, Teresa and I had a great visit and a hearty southern breakfast before they had to scatter for their own chores and work.

     Teresa and I realize how blessed we are to have the means to take this road trip and our other adventures. We each have our unofficial duties on the road. T's like "Julie" from "The Love Boat." She's our road trip director. Me, I'm the wallet guy. My role is for us to enjoy our visits but always be mindful of the expenses. Sometimes, we have to have a meeting of the minds.

     We had some unexpected expenses yesterday. So when Teresa began talking about shopping, I said, "I'm going to give you a word. It's six letters, begins with a 'B' and ends with a 'T. Fill in the blanks."
     "Is there a 'W'?" She asked.
     "No."
     "Is there an 'A'"?
     "No. It's six letters, begins with a 'B' and ends with a 'T'".
     "What? What's it about?"
     "About all we're spending."
     "Oh! Budget!"
     "Yes. Budget."
     "Oh Bill."

Bass Pro/Nashville
     Within 24 hours, we were at the mall getting T some sandals. After that, we had time to spare so I said, "I want to go to Bass Pro."
I think T's exact words were, "Can we buy something?"
"No," I said.

     Turns out, I got some shorts and got Joe (my youngest) a hat. Cruise director Julie trumped Wallet William.



     Now to a weird something that I always expected but wondered about. Have you ever noticed that grocery stores play really good music? It's really not uncommon for me to walk the aisles of our local grocer singing along with the tunes piped into the store from the veggies to the frozen food section.
      The audio's probably very hard to hear in this video, but I remember a really good song wafting down from the ceiling tiles.


          Today, we confirmed it. There are really grocery store radio stations. A customer service clerk, who we spotted dancing in place at her register today, confirmed it. Just because I'll talk to anyone I asked about the music and if there were specific grocery store music stations. I couldn't believe it when she said that there are at least three music stations that supply grocery store music.

     We have a lot going on in the next couple days... family coming to town, rehearsals, rehearsal dinners, showers and sooner or later the second and final wedding of our 2018 Wedding(s) Road Trip.

Bill Robertson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncooperative Cows & English Bluebells

      I was going to title this blog STUPID COWS, but I think I got outsmarted and surprised by a batch of black and red bovines.  Uncoopera...