Bill Robertson. I'm the old one on the right. Those are my boys, Jack & Joe. I love 'em more than they can count.

Gracie and Me: Covid -19 #14

     "You don't know what you don't know." I love that expression. It doesn't mean you're stupid. It means you're ignorant, which is completely different.
     FYI, this blog has absolutely zero to do with Covid-19, except a nod to toilet paper. But, that's for later paragraphs.
      No. This blog is about what we know and don't know about something we use everyday. I'm speaking of a place for relief, enlightenment, odorous infestation and sometimes even a place just to escape reality. I'm talking about the home toilet.
Toilet, John, Throne or Crapper?
     Call it what you will... The toilet, the Commode, the Potty, the John, the Throne, the Head and yes... even the Crapper. How much do we really know about are most personal, home luxury? Teresa and I realized we know nothing or practically nothing.
     For example: Did you know that an Englishman named Harrington invented the toilet in the 16th century, but it was Thomas CRAPPER who made all kinds of advancements including improvements to the Ballcock and believe it or not that's a real plumbing thing. I don't care who you are, that's funny.😆
     So why our fascination with the Potty? Well, we're trying to build a home and to save money we're advised to buy our own fixtures. Who knew that fixtures included buying toilets?
     Did you know any of the following about selecting a toilet? We sure didn't!😂
Standard vs Chair Heighth

     -What color? C'mon? Really? It's not 1975. Avocado is not an option.
     -One piece or two piece? Huh? I dunno.
     -Price range? That was pretty easy. I'm cheap.
     -Style? Did you know you can get a Mid-Century Modern Toilet? I looked 'em up. Thank goodness it's mid 20th century. I'm pretty mid 19th century or before wouldn't be big sellers, but, I'd bet they'd be cheap. Seriously, how much can you charge for an Out House?
     -Brand? Aren't they all the same?
     -Bowl Type? We had to Google this. The choices are: Compact Elongated, Elongated and Round. Apparently, Elongated is good for bigger people, but young children need round. Seriously, there's been real research on this.
     -Toilet Bowl Height to Rim? This is really a decent question. Think about it. Do want your knees under your chin and a little extra room? The choices are Standard or Chair. I promise. Pick Chair!
Left, Right or Center Pull?

    Believe it or not, those are only half the questions. Funny enough, the big question for us was 'on what side did we want the flushing lever'? I don't care, but Teresa's left handed. So, our toilets will all flush on Left Front or Left Side.
    So, that's been our Saturday, looking at places to poop. So whether it's the commode, toilet, john, throne or crapper, I suppose we all should give a nod of thanks to Mr. Harrington or Mr. Crapper (that's still funny😁) when, more than likely, we're deep in thought.

     Gracie Update: All good. Happy as a clam. Napping. A lot!
     Diet Update: Hovering around 20-lbs weight loss, but this would've been a great day for Chili Dogs with mustard, onions and Fritos on the side. Yesterday and tomorrow would be good too.

Bill Robertson, We have enough toilet paper for now but if we get the white, elongated, chair height bowl with the extra suction we could go through it real fast.
   
   
   
     -
   
   
   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncooperative Cows & English Bluebells

      I was going to title this blog STUPID COWS, but I think I got outsmarted and surprised by a batch of black and red bovines.  Uncoopera...