Bill Robertson. I'm the old one on the right. Those are my boys, Jack & Joe. I love 'em more than they can count.

Gracie and Me: Covid-19 #16

     Necessity is the mother of invention, no one's eating their vegetables in Snyder except for me and Teresa and I want to be a Zoomologist when I grow up.
Our $1,000,000 Idea
     My last safety mask that I use when mowing in the West Texas wind recently bit the dust and like everywhere else, there are zero masks to be found in Snyder. First, I thought I'd use a tea towel. Then, I thought I'd use an old ranch bandana. Then came the epiphany! And of course, it was all Teresa's idea.
                               T: Cut up a white T-shirt
                               B: (Laughing) You just want me to cut up that                                     shirt you don't like
                               T: No. Seriously, cut it up. It'll work.
     She was right, but I'm taking the credit for perfecting the white T-shirt facemask. Just cutting it in half and trying to wrap it around my head didn't work. The trick is/was: Cut out the sleeve just an inch or two closer to the neck line. The result is, it fits over your head and it's snug to your nose. If I just gave away a million dollar idea, it wouldn't be the first time. Post Its.... who knew?😂
Eat Your Vegetables/Snyder, TX
     Snyder's main grocery store, probably like most others around the country, is running low on a lot of product, but not fruits and vegetables.
     The good news for us is we're on this whacky diet that's 10-parts really bad diet stuff, one part meat and then about five parts vegetables. The meat's been kind of tough to find, but we're eating ruffage like a herbivore.
Love Me Some Apples/Snyder, TX
     We're not getting to enjoy the fruits nor the potatoes because of too much sugar or starch. Personally, I'd like a Payday, Mr. Goodbar, Baby Ruth or a Snickers to satisfy my sugar fix. Sometimes, I even fall asleep thinking about Krispy Kreme. And as for the potatoes, it would be absolutely fantastic to take one of those big russets, bake it, chop it up and fill it with butter, bacon and cheddar cheese with a cheeseburger on the side just like Port O' Call on Esplanade in New Orleans. The good news is, I'm perfecting my baked cauliflower and asparagus. Soooooo good. 😡😡
Zoom.us
     Next, do you know about Zoom? Apparently, it's the board room and business venue of the future and the future is now. It's FaceTime on Steroids.
     I attended my very first Zoom webinar the other day and now I'm hooked. We've actually created our own account. We have a tutorial with smarter, lil' sister Julia tomorrow. There are so many tabs to push that I'm pretty sure I can include the White House.
     Diet Update: So far, still good. Now, we're ramping up our exercise. We've been walking, but that means avoiding the cattle and their personal deposits. Now, we're breaking out the bikes.
Ride Sally Ride!/Windmill Ranch Preserve, TX
We bought these beauties after our Florida vacation with all intentions of shifting gears on our ranch roads. Uh, that didn't happen, but now we are bound and determined to ride again.
   
Gracie Update: She's sound asleep to my right, right now. She has done almost nothing today but still... she sleeps. Ahh, the dog's life.



Bill Robertson, I feel thin, but I'd probably punch ya if you tried to eat a Big Mac in my presence and try baking the cauliflower lacquered in spicy mustard. It doesn't suck.
                             

2 comments:

  1. I like cauliflower and asparagus��. Quit talking about baked potatoes from port o’ call! The t-shirt idea...Susie will love this! Guess I need to check out Zoom. I got a couple of supervisors this would really work well with. Ditto on the produce here. BEAUTIFUL apples!!! I can’t wait to hear about biking at The Ranch. ThT sounds like serious fun! Yeah, Max is pretty much doing nothing too, but then he was raised with cats

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you two im glad you are staying healthy

    ReplyDelete

Uncooperative Cows & English Bluebells

      I was going to title this blog STUPID COWS, but I think I got outsmarted and surprised by a batch of black and red bovines.  Uncoopera...