Bill Robertson. I'm the old one on the right. Those are my boys, Jack & Joe. I love 'em more than they can count.

Gracie and Me: Covid-19 #35

     I missed the memo. Did you know it's National Earth Day? I didn't until I got bombarded with internet and TV news stories about the day set aside to honor our planet.
     Jump to search
Earth Day
Earth Day Flag.png
The unofficial Earth Day Flag created by John McConnell includes The Blue Marble photograph taken by the crew of Apollo 17
SignificanceSupport for environmental protection
Begins1970
DateApril 22
Next time22 April 2021
FrequencyAnnual
     I copied the following from Wiki.... "Earth Day is an annual event celebrated around the world on April 22 to demonstrate support for environmental protection. First celebrated in 1970, it now includes events coordinated globally by the Earth Day Network[1] in more than 193 countries.[2]
In 1969 at a UNESCO Conference in San Francisco, peace activist John McConnell proposed a day to honor the Earth."
     McConnell started Earth Day, but it was United States Senator Gaylord Nelson and a young man who he hired named Denis Hayes who renamed the big day.
     Now, Earth day is Earth Week. the U-S, China and 120-more countries signed the landmark Paris Agreement, a key requirement for the entry into force of the historic draft Climate Protection Treated adopted by the 195 nations present at the 2015 United Nations Climate Change Conference, also in Parish.
     Personally, Huh & I had no idea. I had no idea of the significance or did I really care until Teresa said "It's real." Now after reading about it, I'm a little ashamed that I scoffed at another "National Day." Seriously, it seems that  we have too many National Days, these days.
National Write a Blog Day
     Here's what I think are some fun examples for the balance of the year.

May: May 4th is National Candied Orange Peel Day. C'mon, what is a candied orange?
June: June 20th is National Hike with a Geek Day. Geez, I hope no one gives me a call. How embarrassing.😂
July: July 22nd is National Rat Catchers Day. It's apparently a big day for cats.
August: August 3rd is National Grab some Nuts Day. 😀 That makes me laugh.
National Weary Willie Day/December 9th
September: September 17th is National Monte Cristo Day. Are they talking about the novel or the sandwich? Both are really good. Alexander's a canny one.😜
October: October 21st is National Hagfish Day. Hagfish, of the class Myxini (also known as Hyperotreti), are eel-shaped, slime-producing marine fish (occasionally called slime eels).😖
November: November 9th is National Scrabble Day. What's a 10-letter word for C'mon man?😕
December: December 9th is National Weary Willie Day. 
     I wish I was making all this up, but the craziness that I've listed is only the tip of the iceberg. So, find a day and celebrate.

Gracie Update: Believe it or not there is a National Black Pet Day. I'll tell her and ask if she wants anything special.
Diet Update: Turns out if you add a few California walnuts and some sliced pear to a salad, it's really not too bad.

Bill Robertson (4/22/20,) I'm looking for National Dude Food Day. I think it's July 24th every year.

1 comment:

Uncooperative Cows & English Bluebells

      I was going to title this blog STUPID COWS, but I think I got outsmarted and surprised by a batch of black and red bovines.  Uncoopera...