Bill Robertson. I'm the old one on the right. Those are my boys, Jack & Joe. I love 'em more than they can count.

Gracie and Me: Covid-19 #51

     Today must be "Slow Turn Day," Gracie and I almost got into a fight at our local, nine hole golf course. and today's Word of the Day is probably a Smart Aleck.
College Avenue @ 37th Street/Snyder, Texas
     I know it's really not "Slow Turn Day," but it sure seems like it. Teresa and I just got back from town. It seemed like at every intersection, the drivers of the turning vehicles didn't realize that the accelerator is on the right.
     The slow turners weren't just limited to Snyder's main streets. No. They were even slow turning in the grocery store parking lot. Seriously, we got behind a newish, white pickup. To the driver's credit, he didn't just cut across the parking lot. But, he did take every right angle turn imaginable at what seemed like the speed of a slow water drip.
Scurry County Golf Course/Snyder, Texas
     To be clear, Gracie and I did not get into a fight at the golf course this weekend, but it felt close and it would've been my fault. We snuck out early Sunday so we could be back for church. I snuck back. Gracie doesn't go church.
     We'd just teed off on Number Eight, a tough par-5 with O-B all down the right side. My drive was short, but safely in the center of the fairway, which is always a surprise and a treat. I got in my cart and took off with Gracie already yards ahead of me. That's when I hear a golfer, who's wrapping up number seven, screaming at his tiny, little dog to STOP! COMEBACK!
      Gracie paid no attention and I just kept going to put as much distance between our dogs as possible. If we'd gotten into a tussle on Number Eight, it would have been my fault. That's because while dogs are allowed on the course, I think I'm the only one who lets their dog run, swim, chase and run some more. All the other dogs stay quietly in their human's cart.

     The Word of the Day is: Impudent. It's an adjective meaning not showing due respect to another person. Sentence ex: "He could have strangled this impudent upstart."
     Diet Update: Regular pasta, even in the two ounce serving portion, is a diet killer.

Bill Robertson (5/18/20,) Gracie could've taken that little dog. I'm not so sure about me with the other guy.
   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncooperative Cows & English Bluebells

      I was going to title this blog STUPID COWS, but I think I got outsmarted and surprised by a batch of black and red bovines.  Uncoopera...