Bill Robertson. I'm the old one on the right. Those are my boys, Jack & Joe. I love 'em more than they can count.

Gracie and Me: Covid-19 #54

     Teresa said "Oops" only once while trimming my beard and smoking fish probably isn't the smartest thing in West Texas, but it is definitely a fun challenge.
Beard Gate BEFORE/Scurry County, Texas
     The back story is... My last professional hair/beard appointment was about one week after C-19. Subsequently, I canceled my appointment. Finally yesterday, I went back to Rachel Chaidez for my usual. Unfortunately, my usual beard trim wasn't allowed. So, I got a great haircut but walked out with a hefty, gray beard.
Beard Gate AFTER/Scurry County, Texas
     But Teresa to the rescue. We bought the Remington 1200 Clippers at the beginning of Covid. It took four weeks for delivery. We didn't think we'd need them until Rachel said  that beards were non-essential. So Teresa took over.

     Me: "I couldn't resist. I had to try to new clippers."
     Teresa: "What?! Look at me! Oh my, you took a giant chunk of hair out of your cheek." (See top photo)
     Me: "It's not that big of a deal."
     Teresa: "It really is. Let's go outside. Let me get a chair."

     T did a great job but there were a few moments...
     Teresa: "Oops, I got you on your cheek."
     Me: "What's 'I got you?'"
     Teresa: "Got a little blood. It's not a big deal. Want me to get your mustache? "I've watched lots of videos. Don't worry."

     The bottom line is, T did a great job. We had some good laughs and dinner on the smoker smelled pretty good.
Rubbed & Ready/Windmill Ranch Preserve, Scurry County Texas
     I'm doing my smoking fish challenge. I have two, new rubs, and for my taste barometer, I'm rubbing some with just Old Bay.  I'm smoking others with just lemon and olive oil.
Smokin' @ 175/Windmill Ranch
     I put the fish on a rack and some corn on the cob directly on the grill top, set the temp at 175 and the timer at 2:00 hours. We'll see. Oh, I have cauliflower in the oven at 375 for 37-minutes. Timing is everything!

   Word of the Day: Ravel. It's a verb meaning to untangle. Sentence Ex: "Davy had finished raveling out his herring net." (obviously Davy doesn't live in Texas.)

    Diet Update:  Handsome Ben came to the ranch last night. It's always a great visit, but most times a bad diet thing.
    Gracie Update: She's still the best dang dog in the world.

Bill Robertson (5/21/20,) I'd say cauliflower or asparagus is my favorite vegetable. Broccoli's not too bad, but I miss potatoes.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncooperative Cows & English Bluebells

      I was going to title this blog STUPID COWS, but I think I got outsmarted and surprised by a batch of black and red bovines.  Uncoopera...