Bill Robertson. I'm the old one on the right. Those are my boys, Jack & Joe. I love 'em more than they can count.

Gracie and Me: Covid-19 #73

     Our local Undertaker sent me a letter, T and I stopped to 'Smell the Roses' today and we had a darn good lunch too.
Lunch at the Courthouse/Snyder, Texas
     Here's the packet, albeit sideways, that came in the mail. It's addressed to current resident, but I know they're really talking to me.
My Final Farewell Packet
     Inside, it's a colorful tri-fold 'Plan Your Funeral Now' type of card. The left side reads: "Shouldn't your final farewell reflect the amazing life you've lived." The middle fold adds: "To plan a final farewell that will make them laugh, make them cry, but most of all, help them remember you for who you are...." Then on the right fold, I can sign up for a "Complete Planning Kit."
My Options
     Here are my thoughts: #1) I get AARP mail. I really hope that's the only reason I got this most recent mailing. #2) Since when is a funeral called "Your Final Farewell?" I won't be there. How am I going to say farewell? #3) Who uses the word Farewell? There's Farwell, Texas. 4) "Help them remember me????" If they're at my funeral isn't it logical that they remember me? I doubt many people go into a funeral wondering who died. #5) and as for "Complete Planning Kit," just say it... "We're all going to die. Get ready."
     On the bright side, we know our local undertakers. They're good eggs and come to think about it, they have a good point.😀
    
The Historic White Buffalo of Scurry County
     To say we stopped to smell the roses today is more metaphor than anything else. We actually parked in the shade at the Scurry County Courthouse to get some lunch and realized that our courthouse lawn is really quite nice.
Courthouse North Lawn/Snyder, Texas
     The marbled, square courthouse has been a local 'bone of contention' for years, but I gotta say the north and south lawns are really nice. And when you add the history of the square to the big picture, it's almost possible to imagine the more bustling and wild, west times of so many years ago.
Snyder History
     This blog format is too short to go into detail, but suffice it to say, if you're a history buff, proud of your town or just wanna smell the roses and eat at a good food truck, then head on down to the Historic Scurry County Square.

     Diet Update: I think we're having lettuce tonight for supper after a very satisfying lunch at Sabores
     Gracie Update: She literally won't look at us when we open the door for her to go outside. It's like she's saying, "Are y'all nuts? It's too hot."

     The Word of the Day: LANGUOR, Definition: The state or feeling, often pleasant, of tiredness or inertia. Sentence: "He remembered the LANGUOR and warm happiness of those golden afternoons." (creepy 😟)

Bill Robertson (7/1/20,) The Complete Tribute Planning Kit is free and for funerals or cremations. That's something.
   
   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncooperative Cows & English Bluebells

      I was going to title this blog STUPID COWS, but I think I got outsmarted and surprised by a batch of black and red bovines.  Uncoopera...