Bill Robertson. I'm the old one on the right. Those are my boys, Jack & Joe. I love 'em more than they can count.

Gracie and Me: Covid-19 #72

     They're metal detectors and they're beeping all over Randals Corner. I stopped swimming at the beach 45-years ago this month. And, I did something today that I felt needed to be done, but I handled it the wrong way.
The Davis Diggers/Randals Corner, Snyder TX
     Michael, Mike and Richard Davis are self proclaimed 'Metal Detectors.' They put on all their garb and go from property to property looking for treasure. Left to right, they are son, father and uncle and they came out to our family's old homestead of Randals Corner this past Saturday.
Tools of the Trade

Tools of the Trade
     Their gear includes not only the familiar metal detector, but also a hand-held wand to precisely locate the possible treasure and a very long looking knife to fluff up the soil. I guess they spend a lot of time on their hands and knees because each of them wore some pretty heavy-duty knee pads.
     On this day, their Randals Corner treasure amounted to a few coins, including a 1964 penny, but not much else. Still, they're not giving up. To learn more about the Davis Diggers, check out a recent article in the Snyder News, https://www.thesnydernews.com/.
"Jaws"/Summer of 1975
     I haven't gone into the ocean any deeper than my knees in 45-years. I sure haven't gone deep sea fishing. I've even told my kids (now all grown) that if a shark comes...  Swim faster! Good luck because I'm staying on the beach!
     "Jaws" came out 45-years ago. We were vacationing on the beach near Pensacola. It was raining. We went to the movies. We saw "Jaws." Bad, bad, bad, very bad thing to do!!!!

     And, I put on my JERK outfit today at the grocery store. I scolded not one, but two young employees for not correctly wearing their masks. The store makes employees wear them, but most of the kids don't wear them over their nose. I was having a pretty bad Monday and barked at them. No excuse. I should have framed my frustration in a much more constructive way. To Jonathon Farmer and Matt Hale, our United Market managers, if you'd like me to come & personally apologize to those two, always helpful team members I certainly will.

     Diet Update: I kinda snacked on Triscuits dipped in Ken's Chunky Bleu Cheese Dressing. Scale said... GOTCHA!
     Gracie Update: Best dog ever!

     The Word of the Day: Gyre.... Verb... Definition: whirl or gyrate.... Sentence: "A swarm of ghosts gyred around him." That's a really stupid sentence. Sorry, but it's what they gave me.

Bill Robertson (6/29/20,) "Hooper! Quit playing with yourself and turn the boat around." My favorite line from the 1975 classic "Jaws."



No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncooperative Cows & English Bluebells

      I was going to title this blog STUPID COWS, but I think I got outsmarted and surprised by a batch of black and red bovines.  Uncoopera...