Bill Robertson. I'm the old one on the right. Those are my boys, Jack & Joe. I love 'em more than they can count.

A Good Hooker, Treasure and Freaky Fast Delivery

     We found a good Hooker but it was too expensive. Ashley looked like a pretty good bargain. We found treasure. And, I should've bought the floor model.

Furniture Shopping/Lubbock, Texas

    Hooker and Ashley are furniture brands. T & I went to Lubbock this weekend for most importantly her birthday weekend, but also to do a little house shopping. I wrote in an earlier blog that we sold our little country house which means we have little furniture. So now, we're looking for furniture to fill up a medium to large sized house we may end up buying, renting or squatting.

Too Pricey

     So far, I've learned about Hooker, Mayo, Best and a whole lot more. The common denominators are: Quality isn't cheap and furniture stores play great music. Just today at Haverty's in Lubbock, we walked in at opening (10am) and they were playing Grand Funk Railroad. We were immediately in the buying mood, if it weren't for the high price tags.

Aargh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

     Our biggest and most fun purchase in the last couple weeks has been our new Blackstone, 36" gas Griddle. Son Joe had one in Tennessee. He said, "You'll love it" and that was enough for us. So, we bought one. Trouble is, he didn't say "It's a pain in the fanny to put together."

     If there's anything that you should know about me, and that I'm not ashamed to admit, is; I can't drive a nail. I can't put together Legos. I can't do it. I don't like it. I don't have the patience for it!!!! But to my surprise and with a considerable assist from my very patient wife and her best friend, Sarah Fagin Cutrona, we got it put together with a reasonable amount of SON of a %$#^^^$$^%$##%%%!!$%%!!!

Griddle Treasure!!

     But what's a griddle without treasure. We bought treasure this weekend. We bought scrappers, egg rings, pancake rings. We bought metal kind, plastic kind. I think my favorite was the $12.00 pancake ring. I'm not gonna use it for pancakes because that's way off the diet. I plan to use it for fluffy, almost healthy omelets. I'll keep ya'll posted.

Jimmy John's/No So Freaky Fast Drive Through

     One more thing to write about. If Jimmy John's has "Freaky Fast Delivery," then why is there a line in their drive-through? We took this picture today at 50th and Slide in Lubbock. Why is there a line in the drive through but their delivery is Freaky Fast? See what furniture shopping does to a man's mind?

     Gracie Update: She's at her friend's place for the weekend.

     Random Thought of the Day: I'm making Smash Burgers tonight on the griddle.


Bill Robertson, (10/03/20,) We honestly got excited about buying a $10,000 dining room set. Then we looked at one another and said, "Let's leave."

     


      

      

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncooperative Cows & English Bluebells

      I was going to title this blog STUPID COWS, but I think I got outsmarted and surprised by a batch of black and red bovines.  Uncoopera...