Bill Robertson. I'm the old one on the right. Those are my boys, Jack & Joe. I love 'em more than they can count.

Healthy Lifestyle or Diet

     I'm eating more vegetables than I've ever eaten in life! Healthy eating involves a lot of chewing and it's expensive.
     Teresa and I aren't necessarily on a diet, but I will confirm that we are taking a decidedly heathier approach to our eating habits.
 
     Before I write more, I got to tell you that I'm a CRAVER. I have been for as long as I remember. I go to the store everyday after I've had my craving. Unfortunately now, my cravings for chili dogs, cheeseburgers, meatloaf with mashed potatoes, Chinese, Mexican, steak, bar-b-que and the like are off the table. Now, we're ignoring the cravings and shopping for healthier fare.

     The truth is there are a lot of healthy recipes out there. But, the hard truth is they just don't have that 'Mmmm, I want seconds taste.' For example, cauliflower rice just isn't the same as sticky rice no matter how much soy sauce I want to add.

     And what really strikes me is, we're told by just about every expert on earth that we should eat veggies, fruits, lean meats and avoid processed foods. That's fine, but how come I can buy enough 'fun food' for a week and it costs the same as healthy food for one night?

     Did I ever tell you that I once paid $2.99 for one orange! For that price, I could've bought a bag of crunchy Cheetos that would have lasted me two or three roast beef sandwiches on rye lathered with mustard and mayonnaise.

     Still, we're trying. So far, I've eaten a lot of fish, a lot of chicken, a lot of cauliflower, a lot of broccoli, a lot spinach and a lot of other chewy stuff. It's all decent.

     Tonight's menu is Taco SALAD. The caps on the salad part of the menu. I'm anticipating lots of chewing.
     If I could, I'd have hot n' sour soup, crab Rangoon, Beef and broccoli with a side of steamed dumplings or a big, fat cheeseburger with a side of onion rings and a spicey 'come back sauce' or meatloaf with bleu cheese mashed potatoes or a country breakfast with more meat and gravy than any vein can take.

Bill Robertson,  gotta admit the healthy stuff does come with a good night's sleep.
   

2 comments:

  1. I feel ya! We’re doing the transformation app. There’s a recipe for green bean casserole, but it’s just not the same. It’s creaminess is derived from almond milk and cauliflower in the blender. Man... sure isn’t the same as cream of mushroom. The healthy version is a nice dish. It’s just NOT for those seeking satiety.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cream of mushroom soup is like chili on a hot dog, dontcha think?

      Delete

Uncooperative Cows & English Bluebells

      I was going to title this blog STUPID COWS, but I think I got outsmarted and surprised by a batch of black and red bovines.  Uncoopera...