Bill Robertson. I'm the old one on the right. Those are my boys, Jack & Joe. I love 'em more than they can count.

Gracie and Me: Covid-19 #23

     I'm flummoxed. I want to talk golf, but I think writing about time is more timely.😆 Killing time, making time, finding time.. Have you ever thought about how many times you say the word time or think about the concept of time?

     What time is it?, Daylight Savings Time, Time in/Time out, etc, etc.. I'm going to gamble and say the word time and the concept of time are the most used word and most channeled thought of all modern mankind. And now more than ever, for all of us staying home to help others, we have a whole lot of time on our hands.
     "Time to go, Time to eat and Time to go to bed" are three phrases used everyday in millions of homes around the world. That's a lot of times that time is said.
    "I need to leave by ???, guests arrive at ???, and I need to pay that bill by ????" are just three time thoughts that I bet we've all said many, many times. Oops, there I go again.😂
     So, the $64,000 question is.... How are you spending your time while staying home? We're taking care of a ranch in the country. So, we're dividing our time to tackle a lot of chores vs tackling one chore at a time.
Pulling Weeds/WRP, Snyder TX
     Here's how it works. Weeding flower beds gets the least amount of time. I'm dedicating 15-minutes to pulling weeds, but not 15-minutes at once. Have you ever been 57-years old and bent over for 15-minutes?
     No, I'm dividing my weed pulling into three separate, five minute increments TIMES three. Oops, I said time again. 😏(pic)
     Bigger chores, usually the chores that come with equipment, get more time. There it is again. 😂  I picked 30-minutes for the bigger chores and I'm absolutely amazed about how much can get done in one half hour.
Circle Drive/WRP, Snyder TX
     The picture doesn't do my weed eating justice. I was able to weed eat round our parking circle, behind our pavilion, around the trees in our mesquite grove and trim the flagstone patios on our Big & Little Houses, all within 30-minutes. In fact, I stopped at 22-minutes because I was out of weed eater twine.
     The weed eating killed my back so I jumped on the riding lawnmower. I mowed a crazy amount of grass in half an hour. Now, I feel bad about complaining about our ranch chores when I realize that if I measure each by time, 😀 it really takes very little time to get the job done.
Almost Everyday/WRP, Snyder TX
     I just used the word TIME or referenced Time three times in two sentences. Oh my! Now, I've used the the word TIME or a reference to time four times in three sentences. And there I go again, I just used a TIME reference again and again.
     So, the point is: Your likely home, hopefully you are well and you have time on your hands. I offer this suggestion...  divide your chores into 'timed' amounts. You'd be surprised how much you can get done in a short amount of time. I sure am.

     Diet Update: This is a terrible time to be on a diet. I'm working on a recipe for Mexican Turkey Wantons.
     Gracie Update: Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Bill Robertson, Be Safe. Stay Home.😃
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncooperative Cows & English Bluebells

      I was going to title this blog STUPID COWS, but I think I got outsmarted and surprised by a batch of black and red bovines.  Uncoopera...