Bill Robertson. I'm the old one on the right. Those are my boys, Jack & Joe. I love 'em more than they can count.

Gracie and Me: Covid-19 #24

     Today is my mother's mother's birthday. She's 121 years old today. Not my mother, but my grandmother.
Mima & Cousin Richard/Circa 1973ish
     My mother's still alive and a very spry 88-years old next month. My grandmother, who we all called Mima, was born in 1899.
     Mima's birthday got me to thinking about all the living people having birthdays in these times. Birthdays were once my happy time. I'd even use memories of good birthdays to fall asleep when I was younger. It worked a whole lot better than worrying about the child snatcher from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. To this day, I pull the covers up to my chin.... just in case.
     But back to birthdays, here are some of the folks from my FB friend's list with upcoming birthdays. I'm including a little or a lot that I know about them.
     Mike Thornton (April 6,): Retired from WTC, helped with the colors at The Big Apple Deli and quite the artist.
     Alexander Dreith (April 5,): Son of former WTC President Mike Dreith, an amazing karaoke singer. His specialty was "Sweet Caroline." Great worker!
     Brodie Calley (April 5,): One of the original Big Apple Deli employees. Super young man and now new father.
     Stacy Reed (April 10,): She's a great golfer. Her husband, Johnny, is a GIANT gun enthusiast. Their daughter married at The Windmill Ranch.
     Beth Baque' Conner (April 13,): I've know Beth since around 1982ish. She married my best high school friend, Stephen. They lived and raised a family in Thailand while he worked for Union oil. Now, they live in the NOLA area. Stephen taught me how to water ski.
     Matt Ellis (April 18,): I met Matt & his son Charlie when they came into our coffee shop. Later, Matt and wife Michelle played live music at the deli. Fantastic!
     Gary Dean (April 21,): TKE fraternity brother from Stephen F. Austin State Univ. in Nacodoches back in the early 80s. He was an active. I was a pledge. He scared me.
     Happy Birthday friends and even not friends. It's a weird time to have a birthday. I hope all of you are well and that your day is the best day.

     Diet Update: We cheated. Nuf' said.
    Gracie Update: She's wiped out from walks and bike rides. She's not riding. Just us.

Bill Robertson,We're having fish for supper. It's not fried. Big bummer.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncooperative Cows & English Bluebells

      I was going to title this blog STUPID COWS, but I think I got outsmarted and surprised by a batch of black and red bovines.  Uncoopera...