Bill Robertson. I'm the old one on the right. Those are my boys, Jack & Joe. I love 'em more than they can count.

Gracie and Me: Covid-19 #25

     This is Masters week and I made low-fat turkey, Mexican wantons. One of those is almost a joke. The other is a joke, but there's absolutely no connection to either.
     This week is the Holy Grail of golf, and like every other professional sport, it's been canceled/postponed for this year. So, what's an official golf nut like myself to do? Build his own golf course, of course.
Windmill Ranch Golf Club/Snyder, TX
     I was already mowing. So, I decided to cut three more areas a little 'tighter' to create a three hole, Par 3 course. Play it three times and you play nine holes. It's one club, executive golf.
     To be clear, it's not really three holes because there are no holes because there are no greens. The three holes total 155 yards. When you multiply that times three, the newly opened Windmill Ranch Golf Club measures a whopping 465 yards, but with a lot of 'trouble' if you hit your tee shot too short.
Hole #1/Windmill Ranch Golf Club, Snyder TX
     Today wasn't a picture perfect day for golf, but I played a round anyway in honor of opening day for The Masters. The temp was in the mid 60s with a slight north breeze and occasional rain showers. The weather really didn't affect my pace of play.
     Hole #1, #4 and #7 measures 38 yards. The carry over the rough/natural area is approximately 20-yards. So as you can imagine, you gotta drop the ball almost straight down on the stake which serves as our course pin placement.
Hole #2/Windmill Ranch Golf Club, Snyder TX
     Hole #2, #5 and #8 measures 55-yards. Hazards include banging it off one of our "tents" to the right or pulling it left into the 12"-15" natural area. The north cross wind today really didn't affect my ball flight too much. I did wipe down my grip due to the drizzle.
Hole #3/Windmill Ranch Golf Club, Snyder TX
     Hole #3, #6 and #9 is the hardest. It measures about 62-yards and it's all carry. If you don't clear the natural area, it's a blow-up hole.
     I'm flirting with starting 1,2, & 3 and then going backwards. But that'd make #3 #4, #2 #5 and #1 #6. Then if I reversed again, that'd make #1 or #3 #6, #2 or #5 #8 and #3 or #6 #9. I'm not sure I could keep score.
     By the way, I started with three balls and lost two to the Open Championship like rough. But, I walked the whole course. I haven't done that since playing with Ken Simek and Deb Collins in Lincoln, NE circa 1997-2000(ish).
Low fat, turkey Mexican wantons

     Diet update: We're having Mexican turkey salad tonight. It's mostly lettuce. Then, I took the leftovers and made low fat, turkey Mexican wantons. After that, I decided that when I open my "Bill's Chinese House," I'm going to charge $5.00 per wanton because they're a big pain in the A&#!
     Gracie update: She loved going to the golf course with me before C-19. She's a dog so she doesn't know the difference between a real course and The Windmill Ranch course. She just sees the club and the white balls and gets excited.

Bill Robertson, My tee boxes are cut on a three, my fairways are on a four and my greens are on a five. My holes are wooden stakes leftover from staking our home.
     
   

1 comment:

Uncooperative Cows & English Bluebells

      I was going to title this blog STUPID COWS, but I think I got outsmarted and surprised by a batch of black and red bovines.  Uncoopera...