Bill Robertson. I'm the old one on the right. Those are my boys, Jack & Joe. I love 'em more than they can count.

Gracie and Me: Covid-19 #31

     Five is the perfect number for Oreos, our neighbor has the most persistent car chaser in the county and Snyder's sold out of jigsaw puzzles, but that's not stopping Teresa.
Aisle Four/The Cookie-Cracker Aisle
     I went to bed last night craving arguably the most popular cookie in America. I'm speaking of the one and only Oreo. I'm talking about the good, old fashioned & original Oreo. Teresa was thinking of a Snickerdoodle.
     Five Oreos is/are the perfect number. Here's my formula: First, I pour a hearty, but short glass of whole milk. The short glass is crucial. I'll explain in a couple of sentences.
Five Oreos & Milk/The Perfect Formula
     Then, I get five Oreos. I eat the first two dry. Then, I individually dunk the next two and that's where the short glass comes into play. A tall, slender glass won't work. But, a short, fat lipped glass is ideal. After my two dunks, I eat the fifth and final Oreo dry. Then, I chug the ice cold milk. Sometimes, I grab a couple more Oreos to eat on the way to bed. But that varies. Once, I woke up with Fudgesicle sticks stuck to my chest. So, variety is okay.
Gabby, The Big White Dog
     Next, meet our neighbor's dog. Her name is Gabby and she might be the most car chasing canine in the county. She's a Great Pyrenees that our neighbors rescued and now she guards their chickens and their road.
     There's not a time that I drive by that Gabby doesn't try her hardest to catch-up. We can see her coming from around the house. She's gotta know that there's absolutely no chance of catching us, but she still chases us at a full gallop. And then, she stops! Gabby's a great road, guard dog. I don't know about the chickens.
Jigsaw Shortage
     We found out today that Snyder and apparently even Amazon is completely sold out of jigsaw puzzles. Sad, but true.
     Teresa and I made a couple stops today looking for a puzzle. Both places were sold out. Teresa went to Amazon, but they're sold out too. The earliest delivery is probably next month, but for a good reason. The Amazon head honchos say it's because they're delivering more essential items before games. Can't fault 'em for that.
     I gave T a challenge. She said she's not going to do it, but she's a competitor. So, I'm going to wait and see. I told her to dismantle her current puzzle, flip all the pieces, shuffle them and then put the puzzle together upside down without pictures to guide her. I think it's genius.

     Gracie Update: She's off her feed. We're not sure if she just doesn't like the 'active' dog food vs puppy chow or if she's got the Epizuda.
     Diet Update: Nathaniel Hawthorne would have a letter for us today.

Bill Robertson (4/17/20,) If I couldn't have Oreos, I think I'd choose Mystic Mints or Chips Ahoy. They're best with milk. T wants a chewy, oatmeal raisin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncooperative Cows & English Bluebells

      I was going to title this blog STUPID COWS, but I think I got outsmarted and surprised by a batch of black and red bovines.  Uncoopera...