Bill Robertson. I'm the old one on the right. Those are my boys, Jack & Joe. I love 'em more than they can count.

Gracie and Me: Covid 19 #30

     I never in my life drank, bought, hoped for or wanted prune juice and Teresa's ashamed to tell me that she's running out of patience with a 300-piece jigsaw puzzle.
Shopping for Seniors/Snyder, TX

     Our local Economic Development Corporation (DCOS) growsnyder.com teamed up with our Senior Center https://www.facebook.com/ScurryCountySeniorCenter/ and United Supermarkets https://local.unitedsupermarkets.com/tx/snyder/3500-college-ave.html to offer free grocery delivery to our seniors. The response hasn't been overwhelming, but steady and that's good. Big smiles are worth millions.
     The rub is that when shopping for seniors I find that we're shopping for items we never dreamed of buying.
     I pride myself in knowing my store, but I'm completely out of my game shopping for seniors. Today, we hunted down diet prune juice, lite Spam, Vienna sausages, three bags of Brachs jelly beans, Zinc and some type of cleaner in a yellow bottle that starts with the letter S. The diet prune juice was a killer. Someone hid the last jug behind the real stuff. We got it all or at least most of it, but I found myself asking for help more times than I can remember.
The Jigsaw Master/Windmill Ranch Preserve
     Next, either boredom's setting in or something. Teresa brought home a jigsaw puzzle. Now, she's got it spread out all over the main, pavilion table.

                           Me: "Ah, how's it going?"
                           Teresa: "Fine. Wanna help?"
                          Me: "No."
                           Teresa: "It's fun. It's challenging my patience and ADD. There's a pretty piece here.                                        There's another there. The New Orleans piece goes here and that's Las Vegas                                         up there!
                          Me: "Are they numbered on the back?"
                          Teresa: "No."
                          Me: "I'm out."

     Gracie update: She ran and played today with Cody's dogs. They all came to the house site today. The three dogs, Gracie, Ace & Micky never stopped.
     Diet update: I bought some lite Spam & pimento cheese..... and some chips.

Bill Robertson, (4/16/20) Our good friend and accountant Ben Murphy says today used to be the best day of his life. Now, he's bummed because it's just another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncooperative Cows & English Bluebells

      I was going to title this blog STUPID COWS, but I think I got outsmarted and surprised by a batch of black and red bovines.  Uncoopera...