Bill Robertson. I'm the old one on the right. Those are my boys, Jack & Joe. I love 'em more than they can count.

Gracie and Me: Covid-19 #29

     One way aisles are messin' with my grocery store mojo, I'm wondering if Zoom is a verb or a noun and it's hummingbird season at The Windmill Ranch Preserve.
      Our local grocer began the one-way aisles this week and it's really messin' up my shopping and proving that you just can't fix stupid.
One-Way Aisles/Snyder, Texas
     First of all, I've been known to brag about my shopping savvy. I can take my shopping list and NEVER go backwards in the grocery store. Sometimes the dairy aisle throws me a curveball because we're not big dairy people, but otherwise veggies are to the left, bread's on Aisle two, coffee's on Aisle four, etc, etc. But, times have changed and One-Way aisles are proving that people pay zero attention to change... at least in the beginning. Maybe things will change.
Zoom or Zooming?
     Now to the Zoom craze or is it the Zooming craze? Personally, I hate that we have to use it but I really like the technology. Webinars are a drag because it feels so One-Way. I can see them, but they can't see me. On the flip side, the few times that I've used Zoom to connect with family members has been fun, even a little therapeutic. My 40th high school reunion was postponed this year. I wondered today if we could have a Zoom reunion?
Hummer Season/Windmill Ranch-Snyder, TX
     It's spring so it's Hummingbird season. We set up our feeders today. Did you know that you're not supposed to put red dye in the sugar water? It's bad for the bird's digestive system. There are 17-species of Hummingbirds in Texas. We have eight that come all the time and then nine more that visit when they can.
Broad Tailed Hummingbird
     The most popular in west Texas is the Broad Tailed Hummingbird. It's 3.1 to 3.5" in length, weighing 0.1-0.2oz with a wing span of 5.25".
   
     Gracie Update: It finally warmed up enough to get her out for a run.
     Diet Update: We found low carb pasta and low carb tortillas. Can't wait.😔

Bill Robertson (4/15/20,) hot dogs are on Aisle-1, Frozen pizza on Aisle-10, chips on Aisle-7 and bags of Hershey candies on Aisle-4.😏
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncooperative Cows & English Bluebells

      I was going to title this blog STUPID COWS, but I think I got outsmarted and surprised by a batch of black and red bovines.  Uncoopera...