Bill Robertson. I'm the old one on the right. Those are my boys, Jack & Joe. I love 'em more than they can count.

Gracie and Me: Covid-19 #32

     Score! Goal! Goodbye Mr. Spalding! We hit the trifecta today at the grocery store. That's the good news. The bad news is, we went to the store to spend $25-$50, but walked out with a $115 receipt.
Toilet Paper!!!!/The Earth is not Flat
     The fact that they had toilet paper, and a lot of it, isn't the biggest news even if everyone from us to the store manager was talking about it. No, the big news is they had hand sanitizing wipes. And maybe the bigger news is, they finally had Teresa's Hazelnut, No Sugar coffee creamer. I hate the stuff, but it's her weak spot.
     Granted, those three items don't add up to $115 but we got so giddy with our haul that we just started buying. We have meals planned through the week.
     Somehow that Hazelnut, No Sugar coffee creamer started a more serious conversation while driving back to the house.
     T: "I saw a woman on the news who said she'd rather catch the virus and die vs not going to work."
     Bill: "I hope that doesn't happen."
     T: "What about any others who might get infected? That's callous. I shouldn't say that. We know where our next meal is coming from. Maybe she doesn't."
     Bill: "And that would be a significant rebuttal. It's interesting the number of blessings that we take for granted."
     T: "Too many."

BUY ONE EXTRA!
     My blessings are indeed too many to count. If you're like us, whether you live in Snyder, America or like my friends Rich and Tee Marvin in Cape Cod, Mass., you can Buy ONE-EXTRA! It's Pay it Forward with a new, flashier name. The concept is simple: Buy ONE-EXTRA to benefit local businesses that need financial support to stay in business which equals jobs which equals hope for families.
     If you want two brisket plates, buy a third. If you buy clothes from a local boutique, buy two items instead of just one. You can keep your purchase, take it home, give it away OR.... You can just pay for it and leave it at the store. Buy ONE-EXTRA to help local businesses that employ local people who support local families.

     Gracie Update: T said it best. She said, "Our puppy is pooped." Teresa went on a bike ride. I played 'don't lose the golf ball' on my freshly mowed Windmill Ranch golf course. Once Gracie finished chasing Teresa, she came to me to hunt down white orbs flying on and off target.
     Diet Update: Hate it! My cheating yesterday cost me three pounds.

Bill Robertson (4/18/20,) Has anyone heard about the Busch Sweepstakes? It's for couples who had to change their wedding plans due to Covid-19.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncooperative Cows & English Bluebells

      I was going to title this blog STUPID COWS, but I think I got outsmarted and surprised by a batch of black and red bovines.  Uncoopera...