Bill Robertson. I'm the old one on the right. Those are my boys, Jack & Joe. I love 'em more than they can count.

Gracie and Me: Covid-19 #33

     Online Church, Online Jigsaw Puzzles and Casseroles for a Cause delivered to your car,,, Once again, there's a partial sentence that I never expected to say, write or talk about.
Paul Jones & Vicki Bell/FUMC, Snyder, TX
     First, giant kudos to the team at Snyder's First United Methodist Church. This is the third Sunday in the midst of C-19 that church members have made and given away casseroles. They make about 60 of the comforting concoctions. Then starting at noon on Sundays, they begin handing them out to anyone. The meals are available until every casserole is gone.
     It's crazy how much the new normal masks can conceal a person's identity. I knew everyone of the people in these two pictures, except one, but I had to ask names because the masks disguised them so much.
Gina Jones, Sarah Smith, Leslie Moorman & Sheila O'Quin/FUMC, Snyder, TX
     The two people together are Paul Jones and Vickie Bell. He's a top shelf electrician with Big Country Electric Cooperative. She is Vicki Bell. She and her husband, Charlie, came into our deli back in the day. Now, she's making masks. She promised me a denim one. Thank you for all that you're doing. The others are: Gina Jones (Paul's wife,) Sarah Smith (who I didn't know but thank you for your kindness,) Leslie Moorman (runs The Butcher Block... get the Cobb Salad... it's as big as your head) and Sheila O'Quin (we were in a bible study class years ago with my mother on the Book of James... her husband is Mike, the produce manager at United... He just celebrated 30-years with the company... good guy.)  Thank y'all for all you are doing. I'm absolutely sure it's a needed and appreciated service.
Calvary Baptist Church Online
     The quality in the technology of Online Church is improving and that's both good and sad. I think this is our third Sunday to watch our church service on its Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/cbcsnyder/. The first time was, "Wow, that was pretty good." The second time was, "Good again," but this last time (our third time,) our service equaled the tech quality of something we'd see on the news.
     What I mean is that the audio, the graphics package, and the camera operation all seemed flawless. Not that anything was wrong with our first, two Online services... not at all. But this time, both of  us said, "They nailed it." And, that's both good and sad.
     It's good because it's just good. The message is good and all the techie stuff that could dilute the message didn't happen. It's sad because, it's a shame our church, your church and all churches have had the time to perfect Online services. But, keep 'em coming. It's the new normal and y'all are knocking it out of the park!!
Online Jigsaw Puzzles
     On a much lighter note, Teresa's discovered Online Jigsaw Puzzles in the app store and there's another crazy sentence.
     Bill: "That's GREAT!"
     T: "And, it's free. Lots of ads but I'm a very patient person."
     From what I can tell, you simply download the app and pick your puzzle. Some puzzles are fruit and others are landscapes. One's even a Pina Colada in a coconut on the beach. Then, you can select the level of difficulty. That's judged by how many pieces you want to try for each puzzle. I'm wondering if families and friends living apart from one another can join in from their locations.

    
Boone/Nashville, TN
             Gracie Update: She has a new cousin. Youngest son Joe and fiancé Sharon got themselves a Chocolate Lab. His name is Boone. Apparently, he was already sold to a Florida family, but they couldn't cross Florida state lines and return home without facing mandated quarantine.
     Diet Update: My new name for our diet is: "Forget the terrible tasting stuff. Eat what you like. Keep the carbs at a minimum. Exercise, at least a little. And don't be a pig. It's all about portion control, dummy." It's a long name but I'm working on an acronym. So far, all I've got is FEKPPD... not very catchy, is it?

Bill Robertson (4/19/20,) Nothing smart aleck today. Just a sincere "Way to go & thank you FUMC & CBC!"

2 comments:

  1. As always, a good read and some things to think about...... one lesson we have learned or at least I hope, we’ve taken way too much for granted.... keep writing.......blessings to you both, hi to your mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, Boone is precious! Second! I was just thinking about telling Teresa about the puzzle app. I don’t have it, but they advertise all the time on my Spider solitaire app 😉

    ReplyDelete

Uncooperative Cows & English Bluebells

      I was going to title this blog STUPID COWS, but I think I got outsmarted and surprised by a batch of black and red bovines.  Uncoopera...