Bill Robertson. I'm the old one on the right. Those are my boys, Jack & Joe. I love 'em more than they can count.

Gracie and Me: Covid-19 #37

    I walked 75-miles in April. My SmartWatch says so. Plus, I honked and got some fantastic barbeque.
The SmartWatch Knows All
    75-miles!! Wow! I've driven 75-miles. I've flown 75-miles. But, I've never thought about walking for 75-miles. The rub is, I just pulled out my calculator. I divided 75 miles by today's date (April 24). So, that's 75-miles divided by 24 days. That equals 3.125 miles a day. That's a disappointment. I'm obviously lazy, a malingerer, akin to a sloth or something like all the above.
     At first, I was excited that I had walked 75-miles. πŸ‘That's all the way to Lubbock, Midland or Abilene. So in my head, I was thinking... Wow! I walked to Sam's, Costco or The Plaza, which is a great Mexican restaurant on Milwaukee Street in Lubbock. It's always crowded, but get the Carne Guisada with the cheese enchilada and rice and beans. Top shelf!!πŸ‘
     Now after doing the math, which by the way is actually Algebra-1, I realize that I'm a sedentary, lazy, sit on my fanny bum.πŸ‘ŽπŸ‘ŽπŸ‘Ž
     My new goal is.. 261.9 miles. That's how far it is from Snyder to Dallas. And once I get to Big-D, I'm going to Snuffer's for a burger, Javier's for their green sauce and lower Greenville for fun.
Blackland's BBQ/Snyder, Texas
     Speaking of food, this is a cheat day and when I say cheat... I'm talking about The Donald and the Billy Bush conversation or years ago JFK and Marilyn. Tonight, we're having BBQ from Blackland's. They're out of Roscoe, but they have a Snyder location in an old feed store warehouse.
     Thanks to our New Normal, we ordered by phone and then honked to get a waiter to come to our car. It worked perfectly. Please remember to tip the server. They may not be at your table, but they are reporting to work and they are still serving.

     Gracie Update: Gracie, T & I all went to the golf course this morning. Gracie is still asleep under our dining room table. The dog literally runs from the time I park my truck to the time I say "load up" after nine holes.
     Diet Update: The diet's working. I think I've lost my double chin. But, tonight's menu is not going to help. We're having chopped brisket, smoked turkey and sausage with cole slaw, potato salad, beans and chips. Teresa's said, "I'm going to eat real slow. I always do anyway, but tonight.. I'm going to eat especially slow to enjoy every bite."

Bill Robertson (4/24/20,) I'm thinking about leaving today for Lubbock, Midland or Abilene. But at only 3.1 miles a day or 75-miles a month, I won't get there until mid to late May. Then, I've gotta come back. So theoretically, I won't be back to Snyder until June 24th.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncooperative Cows & English Bluebells

      I was going to title this blog STUPID COWS, but I think I got outsmarted and surprised by a batch of black and red bovines.  Uncoopera...