Bill Robertson. I'm the old one on the right. Those are my boys, Jack & Joe. I love 'em more than they can count.

Gracie and Me: Covid-19 #39

     Practicing golf in the kitchen isn't exactly what I expected. Before I write anymore, I was using rubber golf balls. Real golf balls would have been a disaster, especially the way I was hitting.
Kitchen Golf/Windmill Ranch Preserve, Snyder TX
     I set down a 'Welcome' mat. My target was our three basin sink, specifically the middle basin. My plan went south on the first swing.
Ball Under the Oven/Windmill Ranch Preserve, Snyder TX
     My first ball  bounced off the back wall, bounced off the big Rubbermaid trash can, which is just out of view on the right, and then rolled under the oven. You can barely see it in this picture on the right. The balls are half black and half yellow. That's the yellow part showing. My next ball wasn't much better. It ricocheted off the wall, the hot water heater and then rolled to a stop under the ice maker. Teresa came into the kitchen on my third ball to save me the embarrassment of losing three golf balls in a West Texas kitchen.
FORE!/Windmill Ranch Preserve, Snyder TX
     From the kitchen, I moved my mobile practice range into The Windmill Ranch Preserve pavilion. We set up one of my new chipping nets (public distancing is getting a little pricey😟) and I used another welcome mat and a couple carpet runners to mimic a 'tight lie.'.
     I'm happy to report that my practice round started to work. We had to make a few adjustments to keep the golf balls out in the open versus under the big couch, the little couch or the big, green man and dog chair, but I feel I'm ready for Augusta.😉
     On a completely different subject, have you noticed what they're doing with paper towels these days?
Pick-A-Size
     During the great toilet paper and paper towels crises of 2020, we've had to buy those types of products that normally we would not buy. So imagine our surprise when we got this (left photo!) Crazy! Brawny's making paper towels now that you can separate down to coaster size. Wow! No wonder they're a little pricy.
     They're called Brawny Pick-A-Size and they really are a test product. It's actually a product wide test program being conducted by Consumer Reports. But whatever size you pick, the big test is all about Absorbency, Scrubbing and Wet Strength. A related article on this Google page was "How to Prevent Dryer Fires." I didn't read that one.

     Diet Update: We had a lot of raw vegetables for lunch today. Not bad with a lot of low-fat Ranch.
     Gracie Update: She's looking especially sad today. I think she's tired. We think that pesky, aggressive Cardinal that I wrote about in Blog #38 is keeping her awake.

Bill Robertson (4/26/20,) Great message on online church today about Philemon and Onesimus. The bottom line is be Loving and Useful. I wonder who will get that comparison???? Hmmmm????

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncooperative Cows & English Bluebells

      I was going to title this blog STUPID COWS, but I think I got outsmarted and surprised by a batch of black and red bovines.  Uncoopera...