Bill Robertson. I'm the old one on the right. Those are my boys, Jack & Joe. I love 'em more than they can count.

Gracie and Me: Covid-19 #42

     I threw the cows under the bus, I do miss Sunday lunches and the Air Fryer Recipe magazine on the rack cost $12. So, we took picture..
Exonerated/Cow vs AT&T
      I wrote yesterday that the Akaushi cattle here at the Windmill Ranch Preserve destroyed our AT&T pedestal. Subsequently, we either lost or phone service or had to deal with absolutely terrible static. Well cows.. I was wrong. An AT&T technician informed me today that the real trouble is/was further up the line and off the property. So unless cows can open a gate and walk across a cattle guard, they are not responsible.
Sunday Dinners
     A friend of mine today posted an article on Facebook from doyourememberwhen.com. The article's title is "Why Sunday Family Dinners Need a Comeback." Oh boy, do I agree!
     I remember coming home after church to roast beef and all the trimmings with sweet, juicy, delicious cantaloupe and ALWAYS that nasty pear and cottage cheese thing... whatever you call it. I hated that, but the rest of the lunch was fantastic.
    I also remember going to Sally's on Deep Creek here in Snyder after church. Imagine lots of fried chicken, mashed potatoes, peas, rolls, butter , good pie and ALL of it served family style. I remember one summer there was a collection plate at the register. Two bull riders had been gored at the county rodeo. Collection plates were out all over town to help pay the cowboys medical bills.
Air Fryer Magazine Pic/$0.00
     Youngest son Joe and fiancé Sharon gave us an air fryer for Christmas. We haven't used it yet mostly because we're on this whacky diet. But maybe, we're on the verge.
     Teresa noticed an Air Fryer Recipe magazine today while we were checking out at United. We almost got it but opted for the next best thing..
     T: "Ooh look. An air fryer recipe magazine."
     Me: "Get it. Let's start using it."
     T: "Really? It's $12.00."
     Me: "What? C'mon! Really? No way!"
     T: "Here (as she opened the magazine.) Take pictures of the recipes."
     The bottom line is, we got three recipes out of a $12 magazine for nothing... SCORE!

     Gracie Update: She's good. Today, her game was getting her baseball, throwing it up in the air, almost catching it and then doing it all over again.
     Diet Update: We were going to have shrimp tonight, 0-Carbs, 0-Calories, 17g-protein. Unfortunately, they smelled terrible when we opened the bag. Now, we're having salad. Not SCORE!

Bill Robertson, (4/29/20,) The phone technician's a transplant. He moved her from St. Louis.
   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncooperative Cows & English Bluebells

      I was going to title this blog STUPID COWS, but I think I got outsmarted and surprised by a batch of black and red bovines.  Uncoopera...