Bill Robertson. I'm the old one on the right. Those are my boys, Jack & Joe. I love 'em more than they can count.

Gracie and Me: Covid-19 #41

     The ranch cows are on the phone. I hope they're not calling Japan. C-19 is apparently great for beer sales and five dollars goes a long way at the pump.
The AT&T Pedestal vs Akaushi Cows
     I'm only kidding about the cows being on the phone, but they are screwing up our AT&T landline service at The Windmill Ranch Preserve in Snyder, America.. Paradise on the Plains. What you see is called a 'Pedestal.' I don't know what a 'Pedestal' is supposed to do, but by the looks of it... The cows completely demolished this 'Pedestal' and it's causing crazy static on our ranch line.
Heartbrand Beef
     The part about calling Japan is because the cows are half Akaushi. The bull's from Japan, like Kobe. And just like Kobe beef, Akaushi beef is fantastic. It's almost exclusively available through Heartbrand Beef. Follow the link to their website. You can buy steaks or even a whole live cow https://heartbrandbeef.com/ Some restaurants carry it, but not around here. Check out their online catalog, you won't regret it.
The Bud Beer Guy/Snyder, TX

     Apparently, beer sales are booming during these times. Here's what happened at the store today.
     Me: "Covid-19 slowing down beer sales?"
     Budweiser/Ultra Beer Guy: "Not a chance! Our sales are way up."
    Me: "What's way up look like?"
     Budweiser/Ultra Beer Guy: "We're already at our summer sales figures."
     Me: "Did that just start?"
     Budweiser/Ultra Beer Guy: "Nope. Been like this for at least three weeks."
WTX Needs Higher Gas Prices/United, Snyder, TX

     Gas prices are so low that I paid $5.00 today and practically filled up my five gallon can that I use to gas up the ranch lawn equipment. It was strange. 😏$5.00 and a nearly a full five gallon gas can. Now if cigarettes would fall below $1.00, I'd recommit myself to quit once they reach that previous, long ago threshold.

     Gracie Update: She's hot. We mowed all day.
     Diet Update: 31-pounds. Riding five miles a day on the Peloton. Just finished a virtual ride through Tuscany.

Bill Robertson, (4/28/20,) It's kind of sad that Blogger spell check knows the spelling of Budweiser but balks at Akaushi.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncooperative Cows & English Bluebells

      I was going to title this blog STUPID COWS, but I think I got outsmarted and surprised by a batch of black and red bovines.  Uncoopera...