Bill Robertson. I'm the old one on the right. Those are my boys, Jack & Joe. I love 'em more than they can count.

Gracie & Me: Covid-19 #19

     Coffee, Covid 19 and creativity... It takes a little thinking ahead these days to just visit and enjoy family who doesn't live in the same house.
Coffee during Covid-19
     We hadn't seen my 87-year-old mother in quite awhile. We'd talked and even texted as she's pretty progressive. In fact, she has more devices that we do.  But, an electronic/virtual connection is never the same as laying eyes on someone. You can't shake hands, hug or give a kiss on the cheek.
     So, we set up a tailgate coffee meeting and followed all the Social Distancing rules. T & I back Big Red, our old Chevy pickup into mom's driveway. We sat on the tailgate while mom sat in the sun/shade. We brought our coffee from home, mom had her knitting and we just visited a  bit.
     Our new normal was pretty satisfying. Then, we had a normal, normal moment. Sitting and talking and laughing, we had a tiny visitor. He was completely oblivious to social distancing probably because as we'd find out he couldn't see nor hear very good.
Remi/The Lost Dog
     Remmy, the tiny Yorkshire Terrier, came out of nowhere. First, he hugged the house walls. Then, he walked right through my mother's feet and then, he came to Teresa and me. I picked him up thinking 'if you snap at me it'll be big trouble little dog.' But he didn't . He just kind of wiggled.
     Teresa kept calling Remmy a SHE, but she calls all animals SHE. Remmy had tags with his name and number. We called. 
        Me: "Hi. This is Bill. Are                                                       you looking for a dog?"
        Lady: "Yes."
        Me: "I'm on 34th street."
         Lady: "Oh my. He's gone a                                                                 ways. I just noticed a                                                               hole in our fence."
         Me: "We're here? Where are                                                          you? It's a sweet dog."
         Lady: "I'm on 36th. He's an                                                               old sweet dog. He's                                                                                                                                    11-years old. His                                                                                                                                       name                                                                                                                                                           is Remmy. I'll be right                                                                                                                                   there."

     Tiny Remmy is safe n' sound now. I bet he was a tough, little yapper many moons ago. Now, he's pretty tame.

     Diet Update: I'm done writing about my cravings. I still got 'em, but who cares? The bottom line is the diet food is chalk, but it works. I'm down 26 and Teresa is down even more.
     Gracie Update: She's learned to speak. No, not really.

Bill Robertson, Teresa said, "I could like a house dog like Remmy." I said, "Aargh!!!"

1 comment:

  1. “Gracie update: she’s learned to speak” LOL! I had to read that one twice!

    ReplyDelete

Uncooperative Cows & English Bluebells

      I was going to title this blog STUPID COWS, but I think I got outsmarted and surprised by a batch of black and red bovines.  Uncoopera...