Bill Robertson. I'm the old one on the right. Those are my boys, Jack & Joe. I love 'em more than they can count.

Gracie and Me: Covid-19 #48

     Zip Ties on a ranch are like Penicillin to an infection. Both are truly necessary and very helpful, I'm convinced I can't be a Christian and a plumber on the same day and the sometimes bland other times playful or colorful mask is the new accessory in this New Normal.
Tree & Gutter Damage/Windmill Ranch
     Our S.O.B. Gutter Service finally wrapped up the pavilion gutter project that we started yesterday. I'd like to blame the delay on the heat, but incompetency is the honest answer.
The Zip Tie Fix/S.O.B. Gutter Service
     The new best tool at The Windmill Ranch is the Zip Tie. Your eyes are not playing tricks on you. Our cobbled together downspout is held in place with about 10-Zip Ties and a whole lot of choice words.
Genius!/Windmill Ranch Preserve
     I can't think of a single water related projected that I've tried to tackle since the 1990s that took only one trip to the hardware store. And true to form, this gutter project took two trips.  I'm pretty sure that while coming and going from the store that I asked for forgiveness for all the rotten things I almost assuredly screamed during the actual work.
Masks/The New Accessory
     Is it me or is the mask the new accessory? There are serious masks, bland masks, super clinical looking masks and playful masks. I wonder since we can't see someone's face if we can presume their mask reflects their personality. My daughter-in-law Allison in Nashville and my niece Susie in Prairieville, LA made these masks. I think they say, "Bill, you're no plumber... idiot!"

     Word of the Day:  sciamachy. It's pronounced Cye-ah-mek-EE. It's a noun. It means: sham fighting for exercise or practice/argument or conflict with an imaginary opponent.

     Gracie Update: She's discovered that napping on the cool concrete between the kitchen and pavilion is a whole lot better than the warm grass under the mesquites.
     Diet Update: My salmon didn't suck. Go figure.

Bill Robertson (5/13/20,) I've used Zip Ties to fasten a license plate. It held up pretty good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncooperative Cows & English Bluebells

      I was going to title this blog STUPID COWS, but I think I got outsmarted and surprised by a batch of black and red bovines.  Uncoopera...