Bill Robertson. I'm the old one on the right. Those are my boys, Jack & Joe. I love 'em more than they can count.

Gracie and Me: Covid-19 #49

     Barry Manilow LIVES, the class of 2020 is flexing its humor and creativity during C-19, this is Gracie's birthday and anniversary and today's Word of the Day is kind of  boring
Barry Manilow
     I saw Barry Manilow in 1978 at Pistol Pete's Palace in Baton Rouge. I looked up today and there he was again on some morning TV show. I was 16 years old in 1978. He must've been at least 35ish. So do the math, I'm 57. He's 77ish and he's STILL PERFORMING. That says a lot.
     The one thing I remember about Manilow's concert was he took about 30-minutes to showcase all the commercial jingles he'd written up to that point. Here are a few: "Stuck on Band-aid," "Like a Good Neighbor," "You Deserve a Break Today" and more just to name a few.
My Neice Mercy Grace Mummert
     The Class of 2020 may not get the old fashioned graduation, but they're likely to never forget the year they finished high school.
     This is my niece, Mercy, graduating from Albuquerque High School. Like so many others, Covid cancelled graduation but the class of 2020 doesn't give in and goes on with a drive by ceremony. GO BULLDOGS!
Class of 2020
     And you gotta appreciate these Senior Class signs for sale at our United in Snyder. The toilet paper says it all, both humorously and a little sadly too.
Good Dog Gracie
     This week marks Gracie's anniversary with us and this month marks her second birthday. Gracie showed up on our front porch May 14th. She's been with us ever since. We took her to Doctor Church our local vet from Aggieland. He said, at that time, she was about one year old. So, she's a May dog and, she's still a very good girl.

     The Word of the Day is: Platitude: It's a noun meaning a remark or statement, especially one with a moral content, that has been used too often to be interesting or thoughtful.
     For example: "She began uttering liberal (or conservative) platitudes."

     Diet Update: I had a Hunger Buster JR for lunch today. Teresa had DQ Tacos. Each was about 350-calories. But...… We had burned about 450 calories before lunch. So, our net lunch calories were actually (-) 100 calories. I doubt that's a valid formula, but I'm using it.

Bill Robertson (5/15/20,) There's one, single fly in the pavilion as I write this and it's selected me to torment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncooperative Cows & English Bluebells

      I was going to title this blog STUPID COWS, but I think I got outsmarted and surprised by a batch of black and red bovines.  Uncoopera...