Bill Robertson. I'm the old one on the right. Those are my boys, Jack & Joe. I love 'em more than they can count.

Gracie and Me: Covid-19 #59

     It's National Hamburger Day. Teresa and I wanted to do our part but a herd of Social Distancing violators screwed up our plans.😡😡😡😡
     I could use this blog to rail on the 10-ft tall and bullet proof people who are screwing it up for the rest of us, but instead I choose to honor the humble hamburger.
National Hamburger Day/May 28, 2020
     Jimmy Buffet liked his with lettuce & tomato, Heinz 57... and a big kosher pickle. I've liked mine a lot of different ways over the years. What about you?
The Golden Arches
     In the beginning (1965ish,) I liked mine with mustard and pickles only. I was so disappointed the first time in Austin when mom took me to McDonalds. It was so, so bad. Ketchup on a burger... NO, NO, NO! Now, a BIG MAC is top shelf!
     My tastes in burgers probably changed around 1975 with the opening of George's Under the Underpass in Baton Rouge.
George's/Baton Rouge, LA
It was one of those divey places with low ceilings and dollar bills on the walls, but it had incredible burgers served with mountains of fries. It's still in business, by the way.
     Nowadays, I'm not picky at all. My favorite burger joints, excluding the fast food places, are in no particular order:

     10) Heffs (Sweetwater, Tx.)
       9) Spanish Inn (Snyder, Tx)
       8) The Lumberyard (Roscoe, Tx)
       7) Snuffers (Dallas)
       6) Whopper Burger (San Antonio, 1970ish)
       5) The Ice Box (San Antonio, 1972ish)
       4) The Ground Patty (Baton Rouge, La 1977- Lots of peanuts)
       3) The Big Apple Deli (Snyder, Tx)
       2) Dearman's Drug Store (Baton Rouge, 1975-1979 and STILL OPEN)
       1) George's Under the Underpass on Perkins Road (Baton Rouge... 1970s & STILL OPEN)

     The $64,000 question is: Fries or chips? That depends on the quality of the fries. I'll address that on National French Fries Day July 13, 2020.... I'm not kidding.😊😊😊😊

     The Word of the Day is: PHLEGMATIC (fleg-mad-ick). It's an adjective that means a person having an unemotional or stolidly calm disposition. Sentence: "The phlegmatic British character..." A few good synonyms are: CALM, COOL & COLLECTED.

     Gracie Update: She's at the boarder's and getting a much needed bath
Mudbugs = ZERO Calories!!!!!
     Diet Update: Bring on the mudbugs. We either stayed the same or lost a pound(ish,) even with the bread and potatoes.... I have no idea why our paper plates look like they have a thin layer of brown gravy.

Bill Robertson (5/28/20,) It's a fact... I will not eat a sandwich, a burger or a hotdog without chips or fries. Won't do it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncooperative Cows & English Bluebells

      I was going to title this blog STUPID COWS, but I think I got outsmarted and surprised by a batch of black and red bovines.  Uncoopera...