Bill Robertson. I'm the old one on the right. Those are my boys, Jack & Joe. I love 'em more than they can count.

Gracie and Me: Covid-19 #61

     I once prayed for patience. BIG mistake! Doesn't Drive-Through mean you don't have to park? And, Sting said, "Don't stand so close to me." I say, "DON'T PARK SO CLOSE TO ME!!!!"
DQ/Snyder, Texas
     If you think about it, C-19 gives us a lot of things. I feel one of those things is Time to Think. Today while waiting in line at Dairy Queen for something less than 400-calories, I was thinking about the time I prayed for patience.
     I think it was 20, maybe 30-years ago. I was probably in my car. Something was probably getting under my skin. So, I prayed this prayer: "GOD, give me patience." Suffice it to say GOD does indeed have a sense of humor. From the moment of that prayer to even now, I'm getting about every imaginable way to practice and I suppose develop patience. Here are few examples...

      1) I will hit every red light, especially if I'm in a rush.
      2) I will get behind the parent buying Happy Meals for not only their soccer team, but also the opponent's team, but there aren't any kids in their van.
      3) It never fails that when I'm trying to do any type of phone business, the person on the other end of the line will say, "Oh my, my computer is acting slowly today."
      4) Many times, I'm the person in the grocery store line behind the person with only a few things in their basket, but writing a check.
      5) I'll grab the one item at the grocery store that doesn't take the bar code reader and the cashier's got to punch each number... all 16-of them.
Don't Park So Close To Me/Snyder, Texas
     I wonder if C-19's affecting my disposition because I was already fed up with people parking next to me. Now, I'm about ready to put a sign on our cars that says... "BACK OFF!" I promise, that out of camera range, there about 50-other parking spots for the black, car next us.
     I'm thinking of buying eight, orange cones. Big ones. Then when I park, I'll put a cone at every corner of our car, one in front and back and one more on each side. All of 'em will be about three feet from the car. I really would, if I weren't cheap and didn't want to spend the money on eight, big orange cones.
See's Candy/Soo Good
     And, it's graduation season. What do you get the 2020 graduate? T found what might be the best, most unique, sensible gift unless you're allergic and it has family ties.
     If you want a sweet gift, check out See's Candy. They're a California company and one of T's dad's absolute favorite. For graduates, they've got this cool box of chocolates that come in a graduation hat box. One of the candies is even a chocolate covered apple.
     The gift says to the grad, "Have some candy now because you're gonna gain 15-pounds anyway."

     The Word of the Day: CERULEAN. It's an adjective. It means: Deep blue in color like a clear sky. Sentence: "The area had cerulean waters and golden sands." Likelihood of myself using CERULEAN in a sentence: 25%. I probably say, "Dang, that's blue.

     Gracie Update: It's lizard season out here. She's 0 for 20 so far.
     Diet Update: The line a DQ could've gone a little faster if the drive through attendant had handed out the drink, straw and napkins in one move vs handing out each item, one at a time.

     Bill Robertson (6/1/20,) I haven't prayed for patience in 20 to 30-years and I'm still getting lots of chances. What's that tell you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncooperative Cows & English Bluebells

      I was going to title this blog STUPID COWS, but I think I got outsmarted and surprised by a batch of black and red bovines.  Uncoopera...