Bill Robertson. I'm the old one on the right. Those are my boys, Jack & Joe. I love 'em more than they can count.

Gracie and Me: Covid-19 #62

     I'm an Air Fryer believer because I'm all baked out. Plus, what's great news at the gas pump in Snyder, America probably isn't the most welcome news in other places.
Air Fryer to the Rescue!
     We made our best ever fried chicken last night. Whoa! Wait! We're on a very specific, "Lean and Green" diet and it's working. Why would we eat fatty, fried food? Because we gotta take a break from the baked stuff. We've had baked fish, baked chicken, baked fish with chicken and about every healthy vegetable baked or roasted. WE NEED A CRUNCH!
Perfect Fried Chicken/230 Cal. Per 4oz
     Air Fryer to the rescue!!!! Our dinner last night was four ounces of skinless chicken breast, air fried using eggs whites (with one broken egg yolk) and Almond Flour. And, I'm happy to report... It'd didn't suck, not at all.😋😋😋 We also had baked zucchini with more baked squash. Big deal.😡
     I guess when looking for the positives in these C-19 times, I'd say that Teresa and I have enjoyed cooking together.
Better News for Snyder
     In much bigger news, we paid nine cents more today for gas than we did last week. Climbing gas prices may be a bummer for the rest of America, but it's absolutely the best news for West Texas. As our banker said today, "I can afford $2.00 gas. I can't afford $35 a barrel oil."
$1.67/Need it More Like $2.25
     Covid hit and crude crashed. Snyder, actually much of this region, relies almost completely on oil. Black Gold, Texas T, Texas Crude's made a lot of Jeds millionaires. Crude at $55-$65+ per barrel would equal $2.10ish per gallon of gas. That'd be just fine for Snyder, Texas. We're working on diversifying our economic egg basket, but for now, and for a very long time before these C-19 times, we're still pushing that rope uphill while ridin' herd on a bunch of cats.

     The Word of the Day is: SILLAGE, Pronunciation: SEE-ahg.  It's a noun that means The Degree to which a Perfume's Fragrance Lingers in the Air when worn. "Neither scent has a very strong sillage." Likelihood of me using SILLAGE in a sentence... 35%.  

     Diet Update: Down 34-pounds. Having Chicken Caesar Salad tonight (with light dressing)
     Gracie Update: Perfectly happy to stay inside in this WTX heat.

Bill Robertson (6/4/20,) I'm kinda excited about this weekend's CBS Sunday Night Movie. It's GREASE, The Singalong.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncooperative Cows & English Bluebells

      I was going to title this blog STUPID COWS, but I think I got outsmarted and surprised by a batch of black and red bovines.  Uncoopera...