Bill Robertson. I'm the old one on the right. Those are my boys, Jack & Joe. I love 'em more than they can count.

Gracie and Me: Covid-19 #63

     We golfed today with my niece and nephew. It was a surprise for them and the whole time I was thinking, 'Wow, it's crazy how much my 16 year old nephew looks like my 25 year old son."
Luke Mummert/Scurry County Golf Course, June, 2020
     We played by the rules. Not the golf rules but our county's C-19 rules. Teresa and I rode in one cart because we live together... Duh. Mercy and Luke, my niece and nephew, rode in their own cart because they live together (Duh-er) in Albuquerque.
     We had a GREAT time. We'd told the kids they were coming to the ranch to do some chores while in Snyder, but surprised them with an early, morning nine holes.
#5, Par-3/Scurry County Golf Course
     And all morning long, I kept looking at my nephew, Luke Mummert, and thinking "Dang, he looks just like my youngest son, Joe." Every bit of him looks like Joe. I knew that I was playing with my nephew, but vicariously I felt that I was also enjoying time with my son. It made for a really good morning.
     Just like Luke, my 18-year-old niece Mercy is an absolute natural and crazy coachable. I'd say do this and BAM, she's do it. The best part was that my 'hacker advice' actually worked and made her happy.
     The picture below shows her putting.  It's Hole#8. It's a par five and over water to an elevated green. Her putt is the result of a 125-yard shot... OVER WATER!!!!!
#8, Par-5/Scurry County Golf Course
     I'm teaching her to Plumb-Bob. That means she's closing one eye, lining up the putter behind the ball and in line with the flag. If the flag is to the right, then putt to the left and visa versa. It's called "the read." Best new is... She followed her Plumb Bob and left her 20-foot point less than 18-inches from the hole. I told you. She's coachable. In fact, she's off to Hardin Simmons this fall on scholarship to play soccer for the fighting Cowgirls!
#4-Par 4/Scurry County Golf Course
     Bottom line is.. We had a great time. We started early. The course is in great shape. The staff couldn't have been more accommodating and we left the course record for another day.

     The Word of the Day is an Old Golf Phrase: "The most important shot in golf is the next one, " Ben Hogan. Odds of me using it.... EVERY TIME I PLAY!

    Diet Update: Air Fryer Fried Shrimp tonight.... Details to follow
    Gracie Update: She's absolutely wiped out after playing today. She's never played with teenagers and they wore her out. PTL.

Bill Robertson (6/5/20,) I have a new idea for a fun golf tournament and our fried shrimp will be with Almond flour, eggs whites and Avocado oil spray.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncooperative Cows & English Bluebells

      I was going to title this blog STUPID COWS, but I think I got outsmarted and surprised by a batch of black and red bovines.  Uncoopera...