Bill Robertson. I'm the old one on the right. Those are my boys, Jack & Joe. I love 'em more than they can count.

Gracie and Me: Covid-19 #76

     The electric pencil sharpener is the best invention in the world, the pencil eraser is a close second and call me "Mr. Fix-it."
World's Best Invention/The Windmill Ranch, Snyder, Texas
     I remember as a kid that'd I'd use the ole "I need to sharpen my pencil" line as an excuse to get out of my desk. Most times, the sharpener was the manual crank kind but sometimes it was the cool electric version. We have one of those cool kind here at the pavilion and I'm using it to sketch a dream.
The Windmill Ranch/Snyder, Texas
     Every time I mow, I think about what do with an area of the ranch's "People Place" that has all the buried infrastructure but the above ground stuff is not useable and needs to be demolished.
Drawing A Dream/Snyder, Texas
     My dream is create a more familiar looking lodge for everything from AirBnB to family reunions and etc. My plan is four bedrooms each with its own full bath, TVs, sitting areas, king beds and large porches at both the front and back doors. The center of the ranch/barn/farm looking lodge would be a communal area complete with a communal kitchen for guests. We saw one in Taos and it worked great. The central area would also include a dining area, laundry for guests, storage, bathrooms and check-in area. The icing on the cake would be another giant porch stretching from side to side. Out front would be a medium sized pool with a wide apron for lounging in the sun. Out back would be three, 50-to-100 yard golf holes with three tee boxes per hole to equal a nine hole tract. There's nothing like a good dream.
Best Invention #2
     The rub is, I'm a rotten drawer. So thank goodness for a good pencil eraser. This picture is my third or fourth eraser and I haven't gotten past drawing up the guestroom bathrooms. I did buy a ruler the other day. So at least now, my lines are a lot straighter.
FANtastic/Scurry Co, Texas
     I hope you're staying cool. This heat wave is considered dangerously hot. We're doing everything we can to help our air conditioning. As of this weekend, we have no less than five floor fans plus a ceiling fan and our AC on full blast 24/7. The booger is, all those fans don't come assembled. Suffice it to say, the first effort to put together all the parts didn't go so well. But I was able to assemble the last two fans in less than three minutes each. Not brain surgery, but close enough.

     Gracie Update: She loves her new food. It's Kibbles and Bits. It must be akin to great brownie because she gobbles it up. We're figuring it's probably not the healthiest. She hates that stuff.
     Diet Update: I had an Egg McMuffin. It wasn't as good as I remembered but still better than yogurt.

     The Word of the Day is: ABROGATE meaning Repeal or do away with (a law, right or formal agreement.) In a sentence: "A proposal to abrogate temporarily the right to strike."

Bill Robertson (7/13/20,) My favorite candy bar is a Mr. Goodbar or Payday or Baby Ruth or Snickers.
   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncooperative Cows & English Bluebells

      I was going to title this blog STUPID COWS, but I think I got outsmarted and surprised by a batch of black and red bovines.  Uncoopera...