Bill Robertson. I'm the old one on the right. Those are my boys, Jack & Joe. I love 'em more than they can count.

Gracie and Me: Covid-19 #77

     Covid is stealing joy, but not mine. Who needs 80-days to go around the world? Not me. And who thinks an old Snyder building highlighted on Google Earth isn't worth saving? Not me, again.
     It's crazy, but there are people out there who believe C-19 is a hoax, a conspiracy or an intentionally created virus to deter population growth n China that 'got out of hand.' I can't fix that. I'd rather use my joy focusing on other things. Unfortunately, many are not and Covid's stealing joy.
Hallo/That's Swiss for Hello
     So with that said, I took a trip around the world. It took about 15-minutes. Google Earth is the BOM!
     I'm not sure how or why, but I started at the Matterhorn. I think that's in Switzerland. Actually, I know it is because when I attended San Antonio Academy our Geography Teacher, Mr. Jones, would read stories about the Matterhorn.
Hello. My name is John. Who do I have the most Excellent Pleasure of Talking To/Click Like if you get it.
     From Switzerland, I caught a ride on the information super highway and sped off to India. I have no interest in India except I loved the movie, "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel." Great movie. Judi Dench is fantastic when she teaches the Indian telemarketers how to talk to people who really speak English. That's a clue for the picture's caption.😀
The Pearl Bridge/Japan
     Next, I jumped on that crazy super highway and ended up crossing a big, long, wonderfully engineered suspension bridge in Japan. It's called. the Akashi Kaikyo Bridge. The locals call it the Pearl Bridge and it's considered Japan's finest engineering feat. It's 12,831 feet long. I saw every bit of it and I'm not even tired.
Save the Boren Building/Snyder,Texas
     After that, it was time to come home to Snyder, America. So, I typed in Snyder, Texas in the Google Earth search bar and look what Google Earth has selected to highlight in my hometown.
     That's the historic Boren Building on the southside of the square. It dates back to who knows when. It's named after the famous Boren family and housed so many businesses. Unfortunately, it's vacant and falling into disrepair. A similarly older and abandoned building across the street, that once housed Snyder's first bank and my dad's law office, was demolished in recent years. Hopefully, the same fate is not in store for Snyder's Boren building.

     I'm skipping the Word of the Day because to tell you the truth, it's a pain in the neck to look up. First, I gotta shift tabs, type in 'word of the....' and wait for it. Then if I don't know the word, I gotta double check spelling, figure out what it means, re-type the sentence, yada yada. It's a pain.

     So instead, I'm now going with RANDOM GOOD MEMORIES: #1) Riding my pony "Daisy" here at Randals Corner. By the way.... This feature will never include children's births, weddings, engagements, etc. Those are too easy. It's called RANDOM GOOD MEMORIES.

     Gracie Update: Needy!
     Diet Update: T went to get her hair done in Lubbock. I stayed in Snyder and got a Quarter Pounder with cheese. I'm having skinless chicken tonight.

Bill Robertson (7/15/20,) to my very good friend Ben Murphy who's a TOP SHELF CPA and very busy on this Covid "Tax Day," this is your Super Bowl. Who's the halftime show? Lawrence Welk? That's funny. I don't care who you are.😁😁😁😁😁😁

1 comment:

Uncooperative Cows & English Bluebells

      I was going to title this blog STUPID COWS, but I think I got outsmarted and surprised by a batch of black and red bovines.  Uncoopera...