Bill Robertson. I'm the old one on the right. Those are my boys, Jack & Joe. I love 'em more than they can count.

Gracie and Me: Covid-19 #21

     My nephew gave up drive-thru restaurant service for Lent. That's a sentence I never expected to hear, much less write. His big sister gave up sweets.
Luke, Mercy & Bucky/Abq, NM
     Luke's a junior and Mercy's a senior at Albuquerque High School, Go Bulldogs! It's crazy, but I've seen them more in the last week through ZOOM than I have in person within the last year. When my 'lil sister, their mother, told me about L & M's sacrifices, I think I almost fell out of my chair. I'd heard of giving up sweets, but giving up drive-thru restaurant service? Who does that? As Teresa said, "That's ingenious."
     Julia, my sister and their mother sent me the picture of Luke eating what looks like a GREAT sandwich. It's all homemade. It's Luke's version of a Whataburger Chicken Strip sandwich. Apparently, he's taking his favorite drive-thru menus and recreating in their family kitchen.
Chef Luke/Abq, NM
     The drive-thru he misses the most: Whataburger and Taco Bell. The drive thru he misses the least is Burger King, maybe but not really.  Mercy's absolute favorite is ice cream. Her go to sweets are brownies.
     For me, I'd miss Taco John's the most and Whataburger the least and my favorite sweet is chocolate pecan pie, but my go to is Oreos... Five of 'em. Three dunked. Two dry.
Joe & Sharon/Berry Hill, TN.
     If things had gone as planned, we'd have a new daughter in law this afternoon. Youngest son Joe and fiancé Sharon, like so many other couples, had to delay their nuptials. But they didn't let Covid-19 get in the way of an impromptu celebration. Older son, Jack  and daughter in law Allison with a nice assist from other family, surprised them with champagne, food, fun and more. Now, Joe and Sharon are looking forward to a November wedding in middle Tennessee. We told them, "Look at it this way. Now, y'all have two wedding days to celebrate. Joe, you can be in charge of planning one and Sharon, you can be in charge of planning the other."
     Diet Update: I'm working on a recipe for stuffed wantons... something not too fatty, low carb and low sodium.
     Gracie Update: A stray tabby's hanging around the house and driving Gracie a little crazy. Lots of chasing around the house.

Bill Robertson, Once after a high school wrestling match, Jack ate $17 worth of Taco Bell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncooperative Cows & English Bluebells

      I was going to title this blog STUPID COWS, but I think I got outsmarted and surprised by a batch of black and red bovines.  Uncoopera...