Bill Robertson. I'm the old one on the right. Those are my boys, Jack & Joe. I love 'em more than they can count.

Gracie and Me: Covid-19 #27

     I'll bet $1,000,000 that you've never heard nor seen my next sentence and if you say you have then you're not telling the truth.
     I went to drive-in church, I zoomed with my family and Teresa wanted to know why Tiger was chewing so much gum at The Masters. I think my $1,000,000 is safe.
Calvary Baptist Church/Snyder, TX
     We did go to Drive-In church. The Calvary Baptist Team in Snyder set up two, flatbed trailers on 35th street, one for the band and the other for the singers and the preacher. We all tuned our dials to FM 88.3 for the audio and turned on our flashers to receive Communion "supplies" from mask and glove wearing ushers.
Drive-in Church/Snyder, TX
     It couldn't have gone any better at our 9:00am service. The parking lot was jam packed. I'm pretty sure everyone like myself snuck out of their vehicle to snap a picture on their phone. The absolute best part was instead of exclaiming AMEN after the worship leader or preacher's message.... We all honked our horns and many times. I wonder what the neighborhood folk thought?

Zooming/Windmill Ranch Preserve
     Then thanks to my 'lil sister, Julia, we Zoomed with the Randals, Robertson, Richmond and Mummert gang. Top left is Laura, Norman, Susie & Nate Richmond from the NOLA area. Top middle is Teresa and me from The Windmill Ranch in Snyder, America. Top right is Allison and Jack Robertson from her dad's office in the basement of their new home in Nashville. Center left is Mom (aka Gmom) from her living room on 34th Street here in Snyder. Center, middle is Joe Robertson & Sharon Anderson from their home in Nashville. Center right is Nadia and Zachary Richmond from her family's home. Bottom center is Darrel and Julia Mummert with Mercy and Luke from their home on Vineyard Road in Albuquerque, NM. Not seen, but heard is younger brother Peter from his home, also in Abq., NM.
     The irony of this is... I can tag all of the above but the one person who won't ever see this blog, because she's not on Facebook, is my lil' sister, Julia.
2019 Masters/Teresa Knew the Answer
     And it was one year ago that Teresa asked me, "Why is Tiger chewing so much gum? Has he always chewed gum?"
     We were watching the 2019 Masters. We had it recorded because of Easter Services at our previous church that had a great service and then a fantastic pot luck. Here's what happened.
                            Teresa: "Why is Tiger chewing so much gum? Has he always chewed gum?"
                            Me: "I dunno. Might google it."
                           Teresa: "I think I will."
     Teresa got pretty quiet after that. Come to think of it, she didn't say much for the rest of the tournament. Then, Tiger earned his fifth Masters and the truth came out.
                            Me: "Man! That's was some good golf. Can you believe it?"
                            Teresa: "Yeah. I've know for about three hours."
                            Me: "What? How?"
                            Teresa: "When I googled why Tiger was chewing so much gum, all the articles                                                  showed that he won."
                            Me: "Hmm. Guess you shouldn't ask so many questions."
                            Teresa: "Tell me about it."
     Now, we're both watching Tiger's 2019 Masters win. He's still chewing a lot of gum. Teresa found out he's chewing CBD gum and so was Phil. We also BOTH know that he wins in the end and it's still really good golf.

     Diet Update: It's a holiday. We're breaking every rule.... a lot!
     Gracie Update: Big storms last night gave her a scare, but she's back to her old self this afternoon.

Bill Robertson, I'm making my world famous Bleu Cheese mashed potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncooperative Cows & English Bluebells

      I was going to title this blog STUPID COWS, but I think I got outsmarted and surprised by a batch of black and red bovines.  Uncoopera...