Bill Robertson. I'm the old one on the right. Those are my boys, Jack & Joe. I love 'em more than they can count.

Gracie and Me: Covid-19 #45

     We heard a lot of "Oh that's sweet, but I'm at the beauty shop" this weekend. We actually experienced "Get along little dogies." Forty mile per hour winds equal trouble. And, we can confirm that breakfast for supper with adult beverages puts on more, a lot more, weight than a half pound cheeseburger with water. Those are the headlines for a quiet Saturday in May 2020.
Blossom Bucket/Snyder, America
     There is definitely a Super Bowl and a World Series in the flower shop world. The Super Bowl is Valentine's Day. The World Series is Mother's Day and Teresa and I have multiple rings.
     We've been on the winning team of The Blossom Bucket in Snyder https://www.facebook.com/Blossom-Bucket-1686775421545326/ for going on three or four years now. But this Mother's Day came with a Covid-19 surprise.
     I don't remember a time, anytime, that a delivery recipient  ever said, "Oh that's sweet, but I'm getting my hair done" or "I'm at the beauty shop. Can you come back?" We never had anything like that until C-19. But it makes perfect sense. 
      This Friday was not only the Friday before Mother's Day 2020, but it was also the first day that our Governor and our local leaders eased our Stay Safe-Safe at Home restrictions. Beauty salons and nail salons opened to the public and apparently the public needed a haircut.
         Cows are Lemmings. Want proof? Watch the video. Honk your horn and any cow, every cow, in a pasture will sooner or later follow thinking they're going to get fed.
     This video is of Darrel, the cow guy as we call him, as he's trying to get his Akaushi herd https://www.facebook.com/Heartbrandbeef/  to our pins to 'work the calves.' It really is like a western Pied Piper. Honk and the cows will follow.
Big Wind/Windmill Ranch Preserve
     Spring time and wind are like vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup in West Texas. They just go together. And when it comes to the first part, they can be a trouble maker. We had big winds, up to 40-mph, the other day that knocked down these Hackberry trees. The only damage, besides the downed trees, was our makeshift gutter system. We can fix that.

     Diet Update: We had a great low carb, low fat menu planned the other night for a meeting with our accountant and friend, Handsome Ben. The meal fell apart. So, we shifted to breakfast for supper. I'm not sure if it was the Frittata, bacon, biscuits and gravy or the adult beverages that added weight.
     I can confirm that the next night, at our daughter in law's birthday... We had half pound burgers, water and even strawberry cake and we both lost weight. Go water!
     Gracie Update:  Crazy good dog. Nuf' said.

Bill Robertson (5/9/20,) I put asparagus, mushrooms, cheese and tomatoes in my Frittata. Didn't suck.
     
     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncooperative Cows & English Bluebells

      I was going to title this blog STUPID COWS, but I think I got outsmarted and surprised by a batch of black and red bovines.  Uncoopera...