Bill Robertson. I'm the old one on the right. Those are my boys, Jack & Joe. I love 'em more than they can count.

Gracie and Me: Covid-19 #57

     My mother's Amaryllis is blooming, three and a half ounces of anything isn't enough to fill up a child much less an adult and why is the thing I like the most and most of the those things I like the most aren't good for me, plus I don't know the Word of the Day until I Google it.
Mom's Amaryllis/Snyder, Texas
     My grandmother was Josephine Randals. We all called her Mima. Her favorite flower was the Amaryllis. I always think of Amarillo. The same flower that Mima loved is now the one flower that my own mother checks everyday for any and all developments.
     To say that Mom's a gardening fanatic is an understatement. She has lots of interests like knitting, reading, cooking, experimenting, watching sports (loves Peyton & Aaron Rogers, not so much Tom Brady,) but most of all she loves her flowers and just about anything else that grows, shines or buds. Like the $4.00 mini solar fountains in her make-shift rain collection system, mom's backyard is full of natural and manmade conversation pieces.
T's Killer Chicken Spaghetti
     I wrote in Blog #56 that T makes a killer Chicken Spaghetti. The platter in the picture weighs in at approximately 12-pounds. Normally, it'd feed us several meals with still some to give away. But not anymore.
My Stinkin' Portion/😠😠😠😠😠
     This whacked out diet means "Eat as little as possible and enjoy it." So from all that casserole, the picture shows we got to eat only Three and a Half ounces!!!!!😡😡😡😡 We gave the rest to mom and a lot more to Cody and Kayci (step son & daughter in law.)
     Like so many things I enjoy, giant portions of Chicken Spaghetti aren't exactly a healthy choice. I love food. I was raised in Baton Rouge, LA., close enough to NOLA to still be a foodie hotspot. Give me raw oysters, fried oysters, giant seafood platters, crawfish etoufee, alligator, Gar-balls, Boudin. The list goes on and on. But none of it with the exception of the raw oysters sans the crackers has any nutritional value. Makes me so mad.

     Word of the Day: Ameliorate. Pronounced: Uh-mel-ya-RATE. It means to make something bad or unsatisfactory better. Sentence: "The reform did much to ameliorate living standards."

     Diet Update: See above
     Gracie Update: She's wiped out. T and I took two walks and we visited Cody and Kayci with their three dogs, Ace, Mayzi and Mickie. They played hard.

Bill Robertson (5/25/20,) Best Seafood platter in the world... 1978ish, me and Stephen Conner at the B & B Café near the Tickfaw River.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncooperative Cows & English Bluebells

      I was going to title this blog STUPID COWS, but I think I got outsmarted and surprised by a batch of black and red bovines.  Uncoopera...