Bill Robertson. I'm the old one on the right. Those are my boys, Jack & Joe. I love 'em more than they can count.

Gracie and Me: Covid-19 #65

     The grands came over today We ate popsicles and watched some very "Old School Cartoons' and they loved 'em. We watched "Droopy the Dog" (1943,) "Tom & Jerry" (1940) and "Bugs Bunny" (1940.)
Old School Cartoons/Tom and Jerry
     Just like I remembered, there was undivided attention and almost complete silence except for a laugh or two. I'm pushing 60, but watching a cat chase a mouse or hearing Mel Blanc's voice opened a floodgate of innocent memories.
The Buckskin Bill Show/Baton Rouge, LA
     I tell people, "I'm from Snyder, but grew up in Baton Rouge and came back to Snyder in 2005." So my younger, cartoon years were all in Louisiana's capitol city and we had the best after school cartoon show. It was simply "Buckskin Bill."
     Every afternoon, I'd plop down in the den, manually turn on the TV to Channel 9 and watch Buckskin Bill. He had a live audience and lots of cartoons. To this day, probably 45-years later, I still remember his daily, sign-off phrase... "You're Never Completely Dressed Until You Put on a Smile."
Gilligan's Island/A Three Hour Tour
     I don't think I out grew Buckskin, but I suppose my after school TV show tastes changed around the eighth grade. That's when I became a loyal "Gilligan's Island" fan. Every day at 3:30 I was in front of the TV watching Gilligan and usually with a bologna sandwich on white with LOTS OF MUSTARD! After Gilligan, I'd cross the street to David Presley's house to play some basketball. I found out many years later that David's mother hated it that I usually came with a handful of Oreos to top off the bologna sandwich. Good times!

     Diet Update: Gotta keep moving. Gained a pound.
     Gracie Update: Grands or no Grands, she's sacked out under the table by the air vents to stay cool.

     The Word of the Day: Zippy. Definition: Bright, Fresh or Lively. Odds of using it in a sentence.. 50%

Bill Robertson (6/10/20,) First, I was very disappointed in today's Word of the Day. Second, it's my nephew Zach's second wedding anniversary. Congratulation to Zach & Nadia Richmond.
   
   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncooperative Cows & English Bluebells

      I was going to title this blog STUPID COWS, but I think I got outsmarted and surprised by a batch of black and red bovines.  Uncoopera...