Bill Robertson. I'm the old one on the right. Those are my boys, Jack & Joe. I love 'em more than they can count.

Gracie and Me: Covid-19 #66

     A science experiment, world famous ribs and a pretty big mess in the ranch kitchen top today's blog.
Cruisin' w/ Carson, Halli & Gracie/Windmill Ranch
     Covid-19's wreaked havoc on our family events. Son Joe and fiancé Sharon had to postpone their April wedding til November. Son Jack and daughter in law Allison had to cancel a spring visit. We missed two birthdays and an anniversary at the Cody Wall house. But, we're kind of getting our pre-Covid-19 groove back, But still, we're not letting down our guard.
Carson, The Sous Chef/Windmill Ranch
     Step-daughter Ashton's in town with her kids, Carson and Avery. Add those two with Cody and Kayci's kids, Jet, Halli & Tillie and we got fun with a capital F and busy with a capital B.
Halli & Carson/Smokin' Ribs
     Our 'big picture' event of the day was making a feast. Carson and Halli both volunteered to be my sous chefs. We made "Rod Partain's World Famous Spareribs." By day, Rod's a CPA. By any other time, he's King of the Meats.
Halli, The Mad Scientist/Windmill Ranch
     Other events included a couple of experiments like how long does it take ice to melt. We put one cupful in the sun and another in the shade. We started at 12:27 at 88-degrees. That's as far as we got. The kids forgot and the cup in the sun blew over. Next, Halli just wanted to "mix stuff" and she did. That concoction is just about every spice in the ranch collection with a healthy dose of my unsalted peanuts.
     Now, we're all in quiet-be still mode. I pretty sure it won't last too long.
Avery & Jet/Windmill Ranch Preserve

     Diet Update: I'm wondering how many of "Rod Partain's World Famous Spareribs" I can eat.
     Gracie Update: She's wiped out too. She's getting more little people attention than she ever thought possible. Lots of little ones at just her eye level.

     The Word of the Day is: LUSH. Definition: (of vegetation) growing luxuriantly. Sentence: "Lush greenery and cultivated fields." Odds of me using in this definition... 65%.

Bill Robertson (6/11/20,) LUSH, drunk, sloshed, wasted. Sentence: "Geez, don't be such a lush." Odds of me using in this definition... 100%
   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Uncooperative Cows & English Bluebells

      I was going to title this blog STUPID COWS, but I think I got outsmarted and surprised by a batch of black and red bovines.  Uncoopera...